Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Drop AT&T But Keep D*?

AT&T

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   DBSTalkUser01

DBSTalkUser01

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:59 PM

Uh, ooma is free, just paying the taxes, unless you need the extra stuff..  I know I sure don't need the extra stuff since i use  my cell phone mostly...

Yea, well calling Canada is not an 'extra' for me. :grin:   And the VM to text feature is one I really like, which they also seem to charge for.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   ejbvt

ejbvt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 398 posts
  • LocationCentral NC

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:32 PM

If you watch ESPN3 content, you might lose that. With TWC, I couldn't watch anything online, but with the ATT/D* bundle, I can watch the ESPN3 online-exclusive games (not watchESPN, or anything that airs on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN Deportes, or the occasional ESPNews game). 

DIRECTV: Genie (HR34) w/AM21 and 1 client.
AT&T: U-Verse Internet, Motorola modem and Samsung Galaxy S3 cell.
LG 42" (1080p, 120 Hz, 3D, Smart TV), Samsung 32" (1080p, 60 Hz)
Denon AVR591, Panasonic Blu Ray, Magnavox DVD player, Philips VCR, Terk HDTVo.

#23 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:28 AM

[quote name="DBSTalkUser01" post="3234350" timestamp="1393545577"]Yea, well calling Canada is not an 'extra' for me. :grin: And the VM to text feature is one I really like, which they also seem to charge for.[/quote

Ah that makes sense.

Of course if its the same people all the time and they call many down here get them an ooma too with a number down here then yet can take it up there plug it in and use it and I don't think there is a charge because it's back to a local number technically.

You'd need to double check but I think that's how that works.

Text for voicemail is sweet. Only thing I miss but not worth the $10 a month considering I never get voicemail on my home phone anymore but once a month maybe.

#24 OFFLINE   1980ws

1980ws

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts
  • LocationLongwood, Florida

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:48 AM

Uh, ooma is free, just paying the taxes, unless you need the extra stuff..  I know I sure don't need the extra stuff since i use  my cell phone mostly...

Dropped CenturyLink ($34 - very basic service) & ADT ($34) (also very basic & why I needed the landline). Got an Ooma box on sale for $99. My cost is $3.57 per month for phone. Invested in SimpliSafe ($400 & now everything is armed & cellular) at $15 a month. Better service,protection & in a few years will start saving real dollars. Both great services.

Enjoying D* since 2008 - Choice Xtra Classic
NFLST - MLB.TV PREMIUM - NHL Gamecenter Live
Phillies - Flyers - Rays - Noles

#25 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

If you watch ESPN3 content, you might lose that. With TWC, I couldn't watch anything online, but with the ATT/D* bundle, I can watch the ESPN3 online-exclusive games (not watchESPN, or anything that airs on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN Deportes, or the occasional ESPNews game). 

That's because ESPN 3 games are dependant upon your internet provider, while WatchESPN is dependent upon your TV provider.

Edited by HinterXGames, 28 February 2014 - 02:27 PM.

#26 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

That's because ESPN 3 games are dependant upon your internet provider, while WatchESPN is dependent upon your TV provider.

Correct and that is the case for most all providers except Time Warner Cable and Brighthouse. They made a different deal much later then most of the other providers; they never offered only ESPN3 to broadband customers back when many others did. They were the first to make a deal and it was called ESPN Networks at the time, which is now WatchESPN. However, they are able to access the ESPN3 content including the exclusive games but they must have TV service with ESPN included in there package. 

You'll notice both TWC /BH are not on this list:
http://espn.go.com/espn3/affList

Do I need an ESPN video subscription to view ESPN3?: http://www.timewarne...ideo-espn3.html

http://support.brigh...ESPN3-Com-9617/

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DirecTV

5-LNB SlimLine w/SWM16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AT&T

spam firewall