Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR22 Froze

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rabushka

Rabushka

Legend

• Registered
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

I have two receivers in my living room. An HR24 and an HR22. I was trying to program the HR22 so I could use one DirecTV remote with both receivers when it froze. It now will not respond to the remote. Doing an RBR reset did not help. The receiver is stuck on channel 4.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   b52pooh

b52pooh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

In order to best help you, we need more information. First, can you still access the menu on the receiver by using the buttons on the front of the receiver? If so, Go into the menu and select Remote control, then check the status of IR/RF setting, and receiver mode. Remember, when programming the remote, there are two steps. 1. Placing the remote in whatever mode you are attempting to set up.  2. Placing the receiver in the same mode.  For example, if you set the receiver to RF mode, but do not program the remote for RF mode, they will not "talk" to each other.

#3 OFFLINE   Rabushka

Rabushka

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

Thanks for your reply. The front panel controls are still working This is what I did.

Remote to AV1, Press mute select, after two blinks I entered 00001, then slid remote back to DirecTV position. went to menu, settings, remote, receiver mode, the screen showed AVI/AV2 and then froze

#4 OFFLINE   b52pooh

b52pooh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:10 PM

So, when the slider on the remote is in AV1 position, the receiver does not respond?

#5 OFFLINE   Rabushka

Rabushka

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

Right. No response in any position. Stuck on channnel 4. I didn’t try unplugging it. 

#6 OFFLINE   b52pooh

b52pooh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

Did you try changing the channel by presssing the guide button on the front panel then using the up or down arrows to select a new channel then pressing select?  If you are still able to access the menu, then your receiver is not locked up. It is just not in the same mode as your remote. Set it back to Directv mode and start over.

#7 OFFLINE   Rabushka

Rabushka

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for your suggestion. How do I set the receiver back toDirecTV mode?

#8 OFFLINE   b52pooh

b52pooh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:07 PM

Front panel.  Menu > Settings > Remote Control > Receiver mode.  Change to DirecTV.   If you want to reset the remote to defaults, press and hold the mute and select until the green light flashes twice, then enter 9-8-1. The green light should flash four times indicating the remote is reset to factory defaults. Then you can start over changing the settings.  You will also have to reprogram the remote for the TV if you do the remote reset.

#9 OFFLINE   Rabushka

Rabushka

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

I manually  went into the remote settings and the screen came up exactly where the receiver froze. I was able to select DirecTV in the receiver mode, I pressed done and the receiver now responds to the remote as before.

Thanks much for your help. I would not have thought to do this without your suggestion.

#10 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,413 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

What a pleasant little thread!  Kudos to both participants!

Rich

#11 OFFLINE   Rabushka

Rabushka

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

My original problem is the following. I have two receivers in one room.  An HR24 and an HR22. Both receivers react to the remote so I am unable  to record 4 different programs. I followed the DircTV on screen instructions for setting up the remote to control two different  receivers only to discover that both receivers react to the same code 00001.

Any suggestions to overcome this problem will be appreciated.

#12 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,172 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

My original problem is the following. I have two receivers in one room.  An HR24 and an HR22. Both receivers react to the remote so I am unable  to record 4 different programs. I followed the DircTV on screen instructions for setting up the remote to control two different  receivers only to discover that both receivers react to the same code 00001.

Any suggestions to overcome this problem will be appreciated.

On either DVR go to the advanced remote control menu and select "multi box set up" change that to "receiver 2" and follow the on screen instruction to program the remote as such

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#13 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

You need to make sure that you aren't programming both DVRs to respond to the other codeset when you do this.  The easiest way I have found to ensure that is to unplug the power cable on one of them, and then program the other.  Then you can plug the first one back into power and you should be good to go.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#14 OFFLINE   Rabushka

Rabushka

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try  and post back

spam firewall