Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR24 Responds Better On Remote Smartphone App Than Regular Remote

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,574 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

I have 3 HR24-500's.  They remote response in RF mode was exactly as you described.  The fix for me was to use the nextgen RF remote extender.  This little device works like a champ and fixes what Directv could not.

Again, they'll probably work fine in IR mode.  Did you try that?

Rich

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   m4p

m4p

Legend

• Registered
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

Making a slight adjustment in how you press the buttons is suggested. Perhaps a touch slower and firmer. 

Yeah, I have been trying that, but no luck.  I wish my Harmony remote was RF as it is a much better remote than the Directv one.  I would look into an RF Harmony, but I wonder if the problem is more with how the HR24-500 responds with RF remotes in general.

it seems like you will benefit from a double reboot in a 30 minute window 

Thank you, I am going to try this.  

I have 3 HR24-500's.  They remote response in RF mode was exactly as you described.  The fix for me was to use the nextgen RF remote extender.  This little device works like a champ and fixes what Directv could not.

Thanks, it's good to know it's not just my HR24-500.  Is that the Directv one, the one with 71 in the name?

Put it in IR mode.  I had the same problems and that solved them.  If that doesn't work, flush the Guide data by rebooting twice in quick succession.  

Rich

Thanks, yeah IR works perfectly.  I was hoping to use the RF mode as the receiver is in a cabinet, plus it's in the bedroom so it's nice not having to point directly at the receiver.

HR24-500 HDMI to Sharp LC-52D62U LCD, native on
Networked using Netgear R6300
Harmony 670 remote

#23 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,574 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

Yeah, I have been trying that, but no luck.  I wish my Harmony remote was RF as it is a much better remote than the Directv one.  I would look into an RF Harmony, but I wonder if the problem is more with how the HR24-500 responds with RF remotes in general.

Thanks, it's good to know it's not just my HR24-500.  Is that the Directv one, the one with 71 in the name?

Thanks, yeah IR works perfectly.  I was hoping to use the RF mode as the receiver is in a cabinet, plus it's in the bedroom so it's nice not having to point directly at the receiver.

Apparently, it's the 24-500s that have the problem.  I see no such problems with my 24-100s or my 24-200.  In fact, I only have the problem on two 24-500s that are connected to the same SWM16.  Texasbrit and I discussed this and he couldn't see what the SWM had to do with it.  Still seems strange to me that three other 24-500s on another SWM16 don't have this problem, but we hit a dead end and the discussion stopped.  Still don't know what caused the problem in the first place.

You really get a stronger signal with the remote in IR and you don't have to point it directly at the HR.  But I have one 24-100 that refuses to work in RF and that's in a room where I have to move it a lot to get the IR remote to work.  That HR gets used as a server.

Rich 

#24 OFFLINE   Joe C

Joe C

Godfather

• Registered
  • 297 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

Again, they'll probably work fine in IR mode.  Did you try that?

Rich

The 3 HR's are stacked in a A/V closet in the basement.  Need RF.

#25 OFFLINE   Joe C

Joe C

Godfather

• Registered
  • 297 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

It is this http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B000C1Z0HA

#26 OFFLINE   m4p

m4p

Legend

• Registered
  • 238 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

It is this http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B000C1Z0HA

That looks like a pretty cool device.  Thanks for the link.

Apparently, it's the 24-500s that have the problem.  I see no such problems with my 24-100s or my 24-200.  In fact, I only have the problem on two 24-500s that are connected to the same SWM16.  Texasbrit and I discussed this and he couldn't see what the SWM had to do with it.  Still seems strange to me that three other 24-500s on another SWM16 don't have this problem, but we hit a dead end and the discussion stopped.  Still don't know what caused the problem in the first place.

You really get a stronger signal with the remote in IR and you don't have to point it directly at the HR.  But I have one 24-100 that refuses to work in RF and that's in a room where I have to move it a lot to get the IR remote to work.  That HR gets used as a server.

Rich 

Interesting.  I used to have a HR20-700 and the RF mode worked fine with that one.  It is strange that your 2 24-500's on the same SWM16 had the problem but your others didn't.

Just a quick update.  I did a red button reset and so far, the RF mode has been working pretty well.

HR24-500 HDMI to Sharp LC-52D62U LCD, native on
Networked using Netgear R6300
Harmony 670 remote

Protected By... spam firewall...And...