Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Help with recording in dual mode

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Britta-Bot

Britta-Bot

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

I have a 722k and I've been confused by this thing's recording features. I've looked for answers but haven't gotten a clear one.

I want to record to a specific tuner (TV1 or TV2), but even when I set up my timers from TV2 with that tuner selected they still won't allow TV1 to switch channels while it's recording (and this is when just one thing is recording on TV2; I haven't even tried two things).

Record Plus had been enabled and the preference was set to TV2. Does it need to be disabled? Or set to TV1?

So can I get a clear breakdown of what I can and can't do with a 722k? I want to be able to record one thing on one while being able to flip channels on the other. That's not much to ask from a 722k.

I'm not even asking to be able to record two things at once. I know I can do that on TV1 if I don't watch or change one of the channels. Is recording two things at once possible on TV2?

Edited by Britta-Bot, 27 February 2014 - 08:08 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,459 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

There is the setting in configuration to have the receiver default to using TV2 for timers (when that tuner is free) but otherwise you really can't force it as such to a specific tuner.

Sometimes, if you are tuned to the channel that is actively recording, you need to go into the EPG and select a channel OR manually swap to the other tuner (swap button on remote) before you can type a channel from the remote keys to change to.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#3 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,719 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

Disable Record Plus and it will act like 2 independent single tuner DVRs. At least when I had a 625 it would.

You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#4 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 296 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

I have a 722k and I've been confused by this thing's recording features. I've looked for answers but haven't gotten a clear one.

I want to record to a specific tuner (TV1 or TV2), but even when I set up my timers from TV2 with that tuner selected they still won't allow TV1 to switch channels while it's recording (and this is when just one thing is recording on TV2; I haven't even tried two things).

Record Plus had been enabled and the preference was set to TV2. Does it need to be disabled? Or set to TV1?

So can I get a clear breakdown of what I can and can't do with a 722k? I want to be able to record one thing on one while being able to flip channels on the other. That's not much to ask from a 722k.

I'm not even asking to be able to record two things at once. I know I can do that on TV1 if I don't watch or change one of the channels. Is recording two things at once possible on TV2?

Britta-Bot,

If you have changed the setting from TV1 to TV2 or the other way around, you will need to delete the old timers so they can record on the TV preference you have chosen.

Thanks

spam firewall