Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR24/500 Freezing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jackm

jackm

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

I have an HR24/500 and recently It freezes on my - sometimes while I'm watching it - and sometimes...when I go to turn the unit on.  The only thing that fixes it - is I have to unplug it from the wall and it reboots - it doesn't reboot even if I hit the red button.  Any thoughts what might be going on.  Note - I have the sleep function turned off.  I have an older HD-DRV think its the 100 - and have not had any problems with that.  Thanks for any help and suggestions.  

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 11,712 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

Could be a dying hard drive ....

Run the Built in Self-test (BIST) to try and repair your hard drive. To run the hard drive checks, please follow these steps:

* Reboot DVR via Menu -> Parental, Fav's & Setup -> System Setup -> Reset -> Restart Receiver
* When they see "Running receiver self-check" press select
* You will see "Entering Diagnostics Mode..."
* Select Advanced Tests Menu -> Hard Drive utilities -> Surface Test
* Warning: This process could take several hours to complete. You may want to run it overnight.

The good news is that every attempt is made to save programming. This is less destructive than a reformat all and could provide you with a more stable system if you are having problems that appear to be related to the hard drive.

HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 ONLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,446 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:01 PM

I have an HR24/500 and recently It freezes on my - sometimes while I'm watching it - and sometimes...when I go to turn the unit on.  The only thing that fixes it - is I have to unplug it from the wall and it reboots - it doesn't reboot even if I hit the red button.  Any thoughts what might be going on.  Note - I have the sleep function turned off.  I have an older HD-DRV think its the 100 - and have not had any problems with that.  Thanks for any help and suggestions.  

Gotta love the 500s.  Wackiest HRs out there.  Really odd that the red button doesn't work.  I don't think I've seen anyone post anything like that before.  That alone would drive me towards getting a replacement.  That's just wrong.

Rich

Protected By... spam firewall...And...