Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pandora is not appearing in Extras

Pandora Extras Genii

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rbpeirce

rbpeirce

Godfather

• Registered
  • 406 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

The booklet I got when I installed Genii says I should be getting Pandora but it isn't showing up under Extras.  Do I need to wait longer, do something or have DTV do something?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

How long have you had it?  If it's been a few days, reboot, wait for tv to return and reboot again. Give it a few days.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   rbpeirce

rbpeirce

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 406 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

I've rebooted at least twice since Tuesday.  One concern is whether that starts the 24-48 hr count all over again.  For that reason I have been reluctant to try another reboot.

#4 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,922 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

I've rebooted at least twice since Tuesday.  One concern is whether that starts the 24-48 hr count all over again.  For that reason I have been reluctant to try another reboot.

The reboots, in order to flush the Guide and perhaps trigger download of additonal apps, must be done twice in a 30 minute period. Yes, the Guide will need to repopulate, but you'll not lose any recordings already set up or SLs.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#5 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,183 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:45 PM

The booklet I got when I installed Genii says I should be getting Pandora but it isn't showing up under Extras.  

is your Genie connected to the internet?

Press the DASH button on your DirecTV remote, does the pop up message indicates "Internet: Connected"?

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#6 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,843 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:48 AM

The booklet I got when I installed Genii says I should be getting Pandora but it isn't showing up under Extras.  Do I need to wait longer, do something or have DTV do something?

Only Pandora? Or are you also missing YouTube from Extras plus from the Menu - Settings/Parental Controls/Web Videos?

Most have had success with the quick double Menu/Reset. And some have had to wait weeks for them to show up.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#7 OFFLINE   Old_School

Old_School

Legend

• Registered
  • 371 posts
  • LocationDover, PA

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:41 AM

Only Pandora? Or are you also missing YouTube from Extras plus from the Menu - Settings/Parental Controls/Web Videos?

Most have had success with the quick double Menu/Reset. And some have had to wait weeks for them to show up.

I had to wait till my HR44 downloaded a update a few days later... a double reset was unsucessful for me...

DirecTV Subscriber Since 1998
Xtra ~ NFLST

(1) HR44  

(1) C41W

SL3 LNB ~ Whole Home DVR

#8 OFFLINE   rbpeirce

rbpeirce

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 406 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

I am connected to the internet.  I have VOD and three "apps."  I just tried the double reboot and we'll have to see how that works. I'll give it a couple of days.  Furthermore, I have to leave for a couple of weeks so I can check again when I get back.  If it isn't there when I return I will follow up with DTV.

#9 OFFLINE   rbpeirce

rbpeirce

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 406 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

The double boot worked.  Extras now shows Pandora and YouTube.  YouTube worked.  I have to enter a code for Pandora.

#10 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,922 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:30 PM

Awesome! 

Thanks for the report.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

spam firewall