Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

KISS Scraps Rock HoF Performance over Dispute between Original and Current Lineup

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:08 AM

KISS won't rock and roll all night - or at any point during the day, either - when they are inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April, the band said Sunday.

The 40-year-old group is unable to agree on which lineup should perform during the April 10 ceremony in New York City, and has decided not to plug in at all.

Kinda sad......... I think they should play thier ORIGINAL LINEUP! (Much better I think)

http://www.aol.com/a...r-disp/20836193

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,429 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

I rather see them with Peter Criss and Ace Frehley also.

JACK,

#3 OFFLINE   AntAltMike

AntAltMike

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,958 posts
  • LocationCollege Park MD (just outside Wash, DC)

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

I remember they had some kind of problem getting the various members of Blondie to coordinate with one another.

Back in I think 1995 I interviewed for a job as project manager for the electronics display systems at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  I was replying to a classified ad in the Sunday Washington Post, and my resume was probably the first one in.  Someone called me early Monday morning and sounded like he was ready to adopt me, but when I arrived for my interview two days later, he looked at the same resume that he had gushed over and basically said, "What in hell are you doing here, interviewing for this job?"  I at first guessed that this was one of  those "stress" interviews where the interviewer is trying to see how the candidate deals with hostility, so I alternated between acting like I didn't notice the demeaning and hostile nature of his interrogation, to defending myself, and finally, counterpunching, but none of that did any good.  I remembered a decade earlier being told that if it didn't take much for someone to fall in love with you, it won't take much for them to fall out of love with you.

A couple of years later, the person who had beat me out for that job wrote an article about it that was published in one of the trade journals I used to get.  She did a sucky job writing the article.  Still, I have to wonder how this gigantic A/V engineering company, that boasts a list of project credits including the Smithsonian and the Holocaust museum, would choose to hire this job out rather than having it managed in-house.  I do business with another large company in this market, Washington, DC, and they sometimes give prestigious jobs to certain people to pander to the interests of others while those hirees really do nothing other than putting their name on letterheads.  I'm sure that being the person representing a company at a glittery ribbon cutting is worth something to someone.  I suspect that the entire project was really managed and engineered in-house.

Edited by AntAltMike, 04 March 2014 - 09:08 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:26 AM

The way the Eagles handled it worked pretty good, they just invited anyone who was ever in the band to show up for their induction.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#5 OFFLINE   AntAltMike

AntAltMike

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,958 posts
  • LocationCollege Park MD (just outside Wash, DC)

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

The way the Eagles handled it worked pretty good, they just invited anyone who was ever in the band to show up for their induction.

Hippies can do that.  Peace.

#6 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

Hippies can do that.  Peace.

Well there was some tension as Don Felder always resented the "alpha male" status of Glen Frey and Don Henley which lead to their breakup in 1980 and then them kicking him out of the band in 2001 but at the time of induction (1998) he was still officially in the band.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#7 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:14 PM

Just my funny midwest way of thinking about stuff, but I would have just figured HoF management would have had a policy since day one to invite everybody who was ever in a band if recognized for some such accolade, and whom ever shows up fine, and whomever doesn't, well TS.

I think this would be a corollary of 'Lander's Law'.

:righton:

#8 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:20 PM

Just my funny midwest way of thinking about stuff, but I would have just figured HoF management would have had a policy since day one to invite everybody who was ever in a band if recognized for some such accolade, and whom ever shows up fine, and whomever doesn't, well TS.

I think this would be a corollary of 'Lander's Law'.

:righton:

Ann?

#9 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,078 posts
  • LocationTeays Valley, WV

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

I don't think it is about who gets to show up, but instead who gets to perform live.  Since they can't agree, there will be no performance.

Like others, for KISS is Gene, Paul, Ace and Peter.  Maybe Eric after Peter left, but only because he chose to adopt a new persona (The Fox) as opposed to just taking on Chriss's "CAT" like future members did.  But even with him, they continued to go downhill.

My Setup

Protected By... spam firewall...And...