Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Record future program for future watching (ViP 622)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gcotterl

gcotterl

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

What are the steps for recording a program that starts at 11 PM tonight so I can watch it tomorrow?  (I don't want the program to start playing at 11 PM tonight).

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 312 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

Bring it up on guide then select it. follow on screen commands.

#3 OFFLINE   gcotterl

gcotterl

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

At 2:10 PM, in the Guide, I selected a program that starts at 2:20 PM and the program started playing at 2:20 PM.  I don't want it to start playing at 2:20 PM; I want to record it and watch it tomorrow. 

#4 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 324 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:38 PM

Make sure the TYPE option is set to DVR and "not" AUTO TUNE on the CREATE TIMER screen.

#5 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,394 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:28 PM

At 2:10 PM, in the Guide, I selected a program that starts at 2:20 PM and the program started playing at 2:20 PM.  I don't want it to start playing at 2:20 PM; I want to record it and watch it tomorrow. 

If you want to record something you're watching, press the record button.  If it just started, there will be an option to "record entire event" or some such.

If you're looking through the guide at a program isn't currently playing, the default behavior is to record it for later viewing.

Either way, you just need to follow the on screen prompts.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#6 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

The DVR is going to have to use a tuner to record the program you requested.

If you are tuned to that tuner, you will see the program, just tune to another tuner, unless, of course you have a one tuner receiver.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

spam firewall