Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

GenieGo and VOD shows

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mreaves53

mreaves53

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

Will the GenieGo not see VOD shows?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using DBSTalk mobile app

Thanks,

Michael
DirecTv Genie,
Genie Client,
Genie Go
Multi-room viewing
Vizo 60" LED w/ Vizio Apps
Vizio 32" LCD w/ Vizio Apps
Toshiba DVDR/VHS
LG Soundbar

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,270 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

Yup, GeneieGo will not see VOD shows.  you can see them via DirecTV apps 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,560 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:28 PM

Won't see OnDemand downloads. Also won't see off-air recordings made with HR20 or AM21 and off-air antenna.

HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#4 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,285 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

And PPV (which for the purpose of GenieGo, includes out-of-market sports packages you may subscribe too), and adult channels.

#5 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 301 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

And PPV (which for the purpose of GenieGo, includes out-of-market sports packages you may subscribe too), and adult channels.

Is this true for the out-of-market sports packages?  I recall a thread not too long ago talking about DirecTV making at least recordings from the NHL package available to watch via GenieGo - both OOH and download to devices. 

ETA:  Here's the thread, but I must not have continued to follow it since it seems like the "fix" did not hold. 

http://www.dbstalk.c...be-fixed/page-3

Edited by mrdobolina, 03 March 2014 - 02:10 PM.

DirecTV Customer Since 1997

#6 OFFLINE   islesfan

islesfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,643 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

Is this true for the out-of-market sports packages?  I recall a thread not too long ago talking about DirecTV making at least recordings from the NHL package available to watch via GenieGo - both OOH and download to devices. 

ETA:  Here's the thread, but I must not have continued to follow it since it seems like the "fix" did not hold. 

http://www.dbstalk.c...be-fixed/page-3

That is correct.  The office of the president at DirecTV had assured me that the bug had been fixed.  I was then able to watch a game or two at the beginning of the season.  After that, it went back to not working, and DirecTV stopped responding to my requests about the status of fixing this bug.  It has been spreading now too.  Any Nets games that I have recorded on NBATV now will not transcode either.  I would suspect that NHL Network games are doing the same thing (but since the Isles are never on national TV I haven't bothered trying it).  Last year, I watched several Nets games from NBATV on my iPad on the GenieGo, but no more.

I've gotten pretty angry over this bug, and I have been considering switching to NHL GameCenter Live, but I live in Charter country, so my 30 Mbps internet service drops to 1 Mbps every evening at 6.  Not a good thing to rely upon when trying to watch hockey.

Sony Bravia 55"
HR20-700
HR21-700
HDMI
HP Touchsmart IQ 846 (Windows 8) for DirecTV2PC and Media Share

GenieGO

iPhone 4S

iPad

spam firewall