Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What is a "library title," for cinema?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mika911

mika911

Godfather

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:25 AM

I was looking at DirecTV's promotion of buy 4 Movies in March, get $10 in Bill Credits a few weeks later.

One of the terms and conditions is that "library titles," are not eligible.  

What do you think defines a "library title?" You think if it's the full $5.99 it isn't a "library title?"

Thanks.

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,373 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

https://support.dire.../library titles

• mika911 likes this
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,457 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

https://support.dire.../library titles

Did you actually check this link to see if the "library titles" answer can be found there?

I can't find it myself -- I tried a few different ways of phrasing the question in the "Hi! How can we help you?" box, but didn't see anything useful.

That said, my guess for the answer is that "library titles" would be older movies, so movies that cost the full $5.99 should be the ones that are eligible.

Edited by trainman, 06 March 2014 - 04:52 PM.

• mika911 likes this
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#4 OFFLINE   mika911

mika911

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

Did you actually check this link to see if the "library titles" answer can be found there?

I can't find it myself -- I tried a few different ways of phrasing the question in the "Hi! How can we help you?" box, but didn't see anything useful.

That said, my guess for the answer is that "library titles" would be older movies, so movies that cost the full $5.99 should be the ones that are eligible.

Yeah, the link didn't work for me.  I think DirecTV removed whatever it once directed to.

However, I sent an email to DirecTV, and I think we all assumed correctly (though they tried to tell me the buy 4 movies promotion has expired haha).

They told me library titles are 3D movies priced at only $4.99, standard def movies priced at only $2.99, and HD movies priced at only $3.99.

Therefore, when it's not full price, I guess it's a library title.  

Edited by mika911, 06 March 2014 - 08:39 PM.

spam firewall