Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cosmos: which channel for best PQ?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,992 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

Yep, The NatGeo logo wins for the most annoying. Super bright yellow box distracts from the whole program. I recorded it on Fox Sports as well and the logo was top right and bright blue and white.

I thought Fox was going to be fine when the FOXHD logo faded away, but my local used the opportunity to throw a small one up the with a #tag address.

But of the three, it was the most subdued and a small cardboard cut out covered it nicely.

I'm watching on my local Fox broadcast. The history channel logo, bright yellow and huge, makes the channel annoying to watch.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   charlie460

charlie460

Godfather

• Registered
  • 391 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

Fox inserts the translucent hashtag watermark, not the local affiliates.

#23 OFFLINE   Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:12 AM

Amazon ended up having it on VOD in 1080p, just going to download to my TiVo Roamio.

65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500

#24 OFFLINE   Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:22 PM

Amazon ended up having it on VOD in 1080p, just going to download to my TiVo Roamio.

I'd prefer that quality - though frugal living only allows freebies.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

#25 OFFLINE   Diana C

Diana C

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,876 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:08 PM

Just as a heads up to anyone that, like me, programmed their DVR to record the NatGeo broadcast last Sunday...

If you haven't noticed, this week's broadcast on NtaGeo (on Monday night) will not record as part of a series started last Sunday. Since the NatGeo broadcasts are on Monday's for the rest of the series, you need a separate season pass set for the Monday broadcasts.

Dish Network Customer from 9/1998-11/2001
DirecTV Customer 10/2001 - 7/2014

FiOS TV/TiVo Customer since 6/2014
Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Co-Founder and Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006

Current setup:
DirecTV: HR34-700 (1TB) / HR24-100 (1TB) / HR24-500 (1TB) / HR21-700 (320GB) / HR21-100 (1TB) / 2 H25s / C41-500 / SWiM16 / Nomad / CCK

FiOS: 2 Tivo Roamio Pros (6 TB total) / 5 Tivo Minis attached via MOCA

#26 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

Thanks Diane C...you are right, it wasnt scheduled to record.  Last weeks Nat Geo episode had some sort of glitch in it.  I tried to copy it off my Tivo 3 times, and all three times, it copied the first 21 minutes and stopped.  Luckily, I recorded the Fox local version too.  Interestingly, the Nat Geo version was only showing about 6Mb/s and the Fox network version was showing like 12MB/s, but maybe that included the subchannel.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#27 OFFLINE   PokerJoker

PokerJoker

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 477 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:04 AM

Just as a heads up to anyone that, like me, programmed their DVR to record the NatGeo broadcast last Sunday...

If you haven't noticed, this week's broadcast on NtaGeo (on Monday night) will not record as part of a series started last Sunday. Since the NatGeo broadcasts are on Monday's for the rest of the series, you need a separate season pass set for the Monday broadcasts.

Yeah, I just noticed :nono2: that the season pass I set up had failed to record this week's show.  Had to set up a new pass as you said; thankfully there are sufficient repeats to pick it up later in the week. 

I bet a great many customers are going to end up very irate due to this "stupid guide trick" . :bang

Protected By... spam firewall...And...