Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Issues with CBS KOLD Tucson

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   amh84

amh84

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts
  • LocationNogales, Arizona

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

We've been having issues with the picture on our local CBS station for close to a week now. Called D* twice and they state they're aware of the issue and there is nothing that can be done. Anyone had any luck with getting them to provide as another feed until issues are resolved?

We have people coming over for the Arizona - Oregon game in a few hours and the channel is unwatchable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DBSTalk mobile app

HR34-700, HR22-100, R22-100, H23-600, C31

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

Is the OTA also bad?

DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#3 OFFLINE   amh84

amh84

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:58 AM

I live too far away to receive OTA.

#4 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:02 PM

It seems that many of the stations are having problems.

http://www.dbstalk.c...ld#entry1942470

Do you know anyone that can receive it OTA?

Have you contacted the station directly?

DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#5 OFFLINE   amh84

amh84

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:07 PM

Not sure it's related to that thread. It's from a few years back.

No one near me can receive it. Since the switch to digital our OTA antennas are useless. Station is aware and advised they are trying to resolve the issue.

#6 OFFLINE   Michael - AZ

Michael - AZ

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:28 PM

I live in Tucson, and I have also been having problems with KOLD (our CBS channel).  On occasion (perhaps half the time), anything moving on the screen is not smooth.  It almost seems like it's missing ~30% of the frames every second, so all the characters seem to be almost jumping around.  As the OP mentioned, after a few minutes it is almost unwatchable.  The first half of Saturday's Arizona vs. Oregon game was unwatchable.  During the second half it cleared up.  At first I thought that my Genie was responsible, but I went to another room and watched it "live" on the Mini and things were the same.  I went to my other room and watch it live on my HR-24, and the problem was the same.  This tells me that it is definitely the channel.  The only other possibility is that perhaps the satellite dish is not receiving properly, but this is as far as I have gotten.

Sure could use some ideas from anyone who has had similar issues.

#7 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

Not sure it's related to that thread. It's from a few years back.

No one near me can receive it. Since the switch to digital our OTA antennas are useless. Station is aware and advised they are trying to resolve the issue.

While that thread is old, it is the proper place to post stuff like this as far as I know.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#8 OFFLINE   zinger1457

zinger1457

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:03 AM

I have seen the problem with CBS Tucson but it also seems to be showing up on other stations.  Was watching college basketball yesterday on the Fox Sports channel (FS1HD 219) and had the same problem.  Also seeing the same issue watching the hockey game on NBC (4 KVOA) this morning.

Edited by zinger1457, 16 March 2014 - 10:37 AM.

spam firewall