Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

T-Mobile Shoots For Full Network LTE By 2015

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,562 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

Several sites talking about it. May involve the spectrum they acquired from Verizon.

Could get interesting if the rates and bandwidth caps aren't crazy.

http://www.wirelessw...newing-map-wars

http://www.engadget....lte-expansion/

http://techcrunch.co...to-4g-by-2015/

http://news.cnet.com...p-ad-campaign/

Edited by SayWhat?, 13 March 2014 - 02:42 PM.

Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,330 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

I have their unlimited plan and I am grandfathered on their last price structure since they just raised that plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   Cholly

Cholly

Old Guys Rule!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,440 posts
  • LocationIndian Trail, NC

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

My son has been paying for my cell phone service ever since my Net10 phone died from a fall. We've been on Verizon for several years.There are 5 family members (daughter in-law, three grandsons and me) who have their own cell phones (my son has a company supplied phone. Last week he decided to switch us over to T-Mobile to save some money. Saturday, we all went over to a local T-Mobile store to take advantage of their buyout plan - they pay the early termination charges on our old phones and we all got new phone in exchange for the old ones. My daughter in-law and youngest grandson got iPhone 5S, middle grandson got a Sony Experia, while my oldest grandson and I got Samsung Galaxy S4's. The exchange process took a total of 4 hours, including porting our numbers and transferring  contacts to the new phones. The only downside to the process is the fact that you pay full retail for the new phones (over a 24 month period).

Charlie
--------------------

Family Room: Sony KDFE-55A20 55" LCD RPTV; Yamaha RX-V663 AVR. Paradigm speakers - Focus fronts, CC170 center, PDR-8 subwoofer, Atom surrounds, ADP rear center; TiVoRoamio Plus, LG BH200 HD DVD/Blu-ray player via HDMI to AVR
Bedroom: Vizio 42" 3D TV, Pioneer VSX-521-K AVR, Panasonic 3D DVD player, Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers, Roku 2 XD, TiVo Premiere, Insignia HD radio tuner, Toshiba HD DVD player

#4 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,330 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

The only downside to the process is the fact that you pay full retail for the new phones (over a 24 month period).

that is no downside at all is a benefit. think about it when you finished paying the phones your bill actually goes down it does not stay the same as with the other companies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#5 OFFLINE   dettxw

dettxw

MRVing

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,017 posts
  • LocationChoctaw, OK

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:30 AM

T-mobile is great if you happen to live in their limited service area and never travel out of it. 

An example of this - I'm eight miles inside OKC city limits with only EDGE 2G service available. 

They'll need lots more towers to provide real nationwide coverage - and I don't see that happening.

But I like their commercials, I love the way they aggravate the Death Star (ATT)

Jump on Sensorly.com and view real coverage maps provided by users to see what's really available in your area and the places that you go. 

A cell phone is not much good if it doesn't work where you are. 

I pay a higher price for Verizon because the nationwide coverage is worth it.  My tethering function (wifi) gets worked out by family and friends whose phones just won't work on the road or in buildings. 

While I use Verizon I'm hopeful that Sprint continues getting their act together upgrading their network.  The big two companies need plenty of competition or we'll all lose out to higher prices and utility-like service. 

-Steve- Subscriber since Sept 1998  My Complete Setup 

SWM16 / HR44-500 (2TB & AM21) / HR34-700 (3TB & AM21) / HR24-500 (2TB eSATA) / C31 via WCCK / C41 x2 / C41W / H25-700

#6 OFFLINE   dualsub2006

dualsub2006

Icon

• Registered
  • 807 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:14 AM

An example of this - I'm eight miles inside OKC city limits with only EDGE 2G service available.
They'll need lots more towers to provide real nationwide coverage - and I don't see that happening.

That's what this story is about, T-Mo is transitioning all of their 2G to LTE by mid-2015.

And they are adding cell sites, they just aren't talking much about it for whatever reason.

When they sold their owned towers they got access to leased space on other towers owned by the buyer. I have no idea how long before there's a positive impact from that.

spam firewall