Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Installation scheduling Issue

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gator1234

gator1234

AllStar

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:39 AM

Anyone else having trouble getting an installation scheduled?  I guess order a genie mini and they said it could take up to 72 hours for someone to call to then schedule an installation.  I understand the install itself could be a number of days but you have to wait 3 days just to have someone to call you and then you have to scheduel.  It has been two days and I am still waiting.  I called Directv back and they said to keep waiting. 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,306 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:07 AM

usually this happens whet the market is over booked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   b52pooh

b52pooh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

Or you are in Alaska...... :grin:

#4 OFFLINE   cbraze2

cbraze2

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • Locationrawlins,wyoming

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:20 AM

well iam having to wait 10 days- and then i have to take time off work so i can be there un called for

#5 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

and then i have to take time off work so i can be there 

Because YOU want to, DirecTV is NOT forcing you to take off from work, so that excuse does not fly.... sorry....

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#6 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

Because YOU want to, DirecTV is NOT forcing you to take off from work, so that excuse does not fly.... sorry....

Maybe he was only offered a time when he is working, you don't know. You will defend anything Directv does regardless of what it is.

#7 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:26 PM

Maybe he was only offered a time when he is working, you don't know. You will defend anything Directv does regardless of what it is.

Not defending, just keeping real!! When you call DirecTV they said the soonest appointment is 10 days from today, which is a "Tuesday" (just made that up for argument sake) I say, how about Thursday which is my day off, DirecTV says "sure" would you like AM or PM, I say "PM" Thanks!

If I take "Tuesday" is because I chose not to wait and I chose to tell my boss that I wanted the day off because I had a "doctor's appointment"

Yep, keeping it real!!!!

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#8 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:30 PM

And again, you don't know if that's what happened. You are making it up to be able to defend Directv.

#9 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

And again, you don't know if that's what happened. You are making it up to be able to defend Directv.

If what has happened?  the "soonest" day is 10 days from today, that means that any day from there on is available for you to choose as is best convenient for you, or you can choose the first available day regardless of your schedule, again, YOU decide....

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#10 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

Unbelievable.

#11 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:27 PM

I hear this excuse everyday, yet there always room on the schedule the next day and the day after. 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#12 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,510 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

peds is right.  There is the day that the first appointment is available, which may or may not be a day that a customer needs to work and then there is the first appointment available on a specific day of the week requested by the customer,  Those both may be the same day or the request for a specific day may be later than the first appointment available.  Regardless, the customer always has the option of waiting for an appointment to be available on the day of his choice.  Nobody is forcing him to take a day off of work (unless he works 7 days a week).

Do you want your DirecTV installed as soon as possible or do you want your DirecTV installed on a day when you don't have to work?  Customer's choice.

• MysteryMan likes this

#13 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

peds is right.  There is the day that the first appointment is available, which may or may not be a day that a customer needs to work and then there is the first appointment available on a specific day of the week requested by the customer,  Those both may be the same day or the request for a specific day may be later than the first appointment available.  Regardless, the customer always has the option of waiting for an appointment to be available on the day of his choice.  Nobody is forcing him to take a day off of work (unless he works 7 days a week).

Do you want your DirecTV installed as soon as possible or do you want your DirecTV installed on a day when you don't have to work?  Customer's choice.

Could not have said better myself!

Exactly my thoughts.

P.S even if the customer works seven days, they are choosing to take off from work, as they can leave in charge anyone they trust.  so, yeah, there is no excuse that "I missed a day of work because of DirecTV"!  you might have missed it, but because YOU chose to.

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#14 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

Maybe, maybe not. You also don't know if this is what happened. The TS is the only one that knows.

#15 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:08 AM

Maybe, maybe not. You also don't know if this is what happened. The TS is the only one that knows.

We don't know if what has happened? please answer...

The truth is that DirecTV calendar is open AFTER the earliest appointment, at which time you can choose your most convenient date.

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#16 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:26 AM

We don't know if what has happened? please answer...

The truth is that DirecTV calendar is open AFTER the earliest appointment, at which time you can choose your most convenient date.

We don't know if the TS was offered an earlier appointment time that he refused, although it doesn't sound like he was. We don't know if the date offered was the first one available. All we know is what he said in his post. What you and Bill Broderick suggest is pure supposition.

#17 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:38 AM

We don't know if the TS was offered an earlier appointment time that he refused, although it doesn't sound like he was. We don't know if the date offered was the first one available. All we know is what he said in his post. What you and Bill Broderick suggest is pure supposition.

you are the one who does not know.   :rotfl:

When know for a FACT that the OP was offered the EARLIEST appointment available, is 10 days from whenever he posted, he took it!

"i would like to now why it takes so long to my system moved to new address we are having to wait over a week for direct tv to come install at news address i placed order on 3/14 and have to wait 10 days before they come and install .""

The above indicates that there is no appointment available until 9 days from today (he posted yesterday) making this the FIRST available appointment, there is nothing available BEFORE, but there is sure something available AFTER, which YOU can freely choose. So you can either take the FIRST available or ask for your BEST convenient appointment AFTER the FIRST available appointment. YOU decide, NOT DirecTV . Capisce 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#18 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

Yours is not an unreasonable supposition, but it is supposition.

#19 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

Yours is not an unreasonable supposition, but it is supposition.

you just don't get it. :bang 

I am done! 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#20 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

I do get it, clearly you don't.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...