Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Installation scheduling Issue

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   dishinitout

dishinitout

Mentor

• Registered
  • 258 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

I do get it, clearly you don't.

I have to agree with Peds on this. DTV has appointments available every day of the year. The OP is upset he has to wait 10 days for the first appointment and couldn't bear to wait till their day off which may have been days later. Scheduling is always the choice of the customer, even if it isn't as early as they'd like. Too many people look at TV a a necessity and will do anything possible to have it done as soon as possible.

Regardless of this point, 10 days this time of year is excessive. I can understand it during peak months June-September but not now. There must be local issues affecting this office. 

SL5, SWM16, 1 HR44, 1 HR34, 2 HR24, 2 C31, 1 C41W

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

I have to agree with Peds on this. DTV has appointments available every day of the year. The OP is upset he has to wait 10 days for the first appointment and couldn't bear to wait till their day off which may have been days later. Scheduling is always the choice of the customer, even if it isn't as early as they'd like. Too many people look at TV a a necessity and will do anything possible to have it done as soon as possible.

Regardless of this point, 10 days this time of year is excessive. I can understand it during peak months June-September but not now. There must be local issues affecting this office. 

Like I already said, peds48 probably is right, but since the TS hasn't given us all of the pertinent information, it's all supposition.

#23 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,483 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:28 PM

Like I already said, peds48 probably is right, but since the TS hasn't given us all of the pertinent information, it's all supposition.

So, are you making the assumption that DirecTV only had an appointment available 10 days after the TS called and had nothing available again after that date?  In essence, meaning that DirecTV was ceasing to do any new business or future repairs in the TS's hometown?

Unless we make that outlandish assumption, it doesn't appear that anybody is making any suppositions when saying that DirecTV has other appointments, at later dates, available.

#24 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

So, are you making the assumption that DirecTV only had an appointment available 10 days after the TS called and had nothing available again after that date?  In essence, meaning that DirecTV was ceasing to do any new business or future repairs in the TS's hometown?

Unless we make that outlandish assumption, it doesn't appear that anybody is making any suppositions when saying that DirecTV has other appointments, at later dates, available.

Unlike you guys, I'm not making any assumptions. 

#25 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,419 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

I have to agree with Peds on this. 

Halleluja  :engel10:

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#26 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,419 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

he is out of this world  :group:

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#27 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,419 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:56 PM

:flaiming

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#28 OFFLINE   dishinitout

dishinitout

Mentor

• Registered
  • 258 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

Halleluja :engel10:

I'm not always against you. ..hehe

Sent from my SM-N900V using DBSTalk mobile app

SL5, SWM16, 1 HR44, 1 HR34, 2 HR24, 2 C31, 1 C41W

#29 OFFLINE   Lamasterdirecttv

Lamasterdirecttv

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationColumbus Indiana

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

I ordered new equipment 11 days ago. Was told I would get a call to schedule within 72 hours (after the representative that placed the order was unable to do the scheduling). And if I wanted to I could go online after 48 hours and schedule it myself. Well, it is day 11, no call, the calendar is not available so I cannot schedule the installation. I contacted Directv through there email and was simply told to be patient. I am now getting impatient I am not out in the boondocks somewhere (South Central Indiana). Obviously they do not have enough installers.

#30 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,419 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

I ordered new equipment 11 days ago. Was told I would get a call to schedule within 72 hours (after the representative that placed the order was unable to do the scheduling). And if I wanted to I could go online after 48 hours and schedule it myself. Well, it is day 11, no call, the calendar is not available so I cannot schedule the installation. I contacted Directv through there email and was simply told to be patient. I am now getting impatient I am not out in the boondocks somewhere (South Central Indiana). Obviously they do not have enough installers.

Did you order wireless clients by any chance?

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#31 OFFLINE   sangs

sangs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 274 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:43 AM

Does it depend where you live? In NJ, I ordered Sunday, August 24 and it was installed on Tuesday, August 26. I did it all online, no phone call involved.

#32 OFFLINE   fudpucker

fudpucker

Godfather

• Registered
  • 669 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:02 AM

Except that peds will say anything to defend DTV.

Edited by fudpucker, 29 August 2014 - 07:19 PM.

#33 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,419 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

Accept that peds will say anything to defend DTV.

No I wont.  There are certain things that DirecTV® could certainly improve on

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#34 OFFLINE   fudpucker

fudpucker

Godfather

• Registered
  • 669 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:18 PM

No I wont.  There are certain things that DirecTV® could certainly improve on

Argh! I meant to type "EXCEPT" that peds will say anything to defend DTV!" As in - he was saying unlike you guys I am not making any assumptions - misspelling makes a MAJOR difference in intent! Apologies.

#35 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,419 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

Argh! I meant to type "EXCEPT" that peds will say anything to defend DTV!" As in - he was saying unlike you guys I am not making any assumptions - misspelling makes a MAJOR difference in intent! Apologies.

No, that does not make any sense either.  No matter how you skin the cat. I don’t always defend DirecTV®, quite the contrary 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#36 OFFLINE   fudpucker

fudpucker

Godfather

• Registered
  • 669 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

No, that does not make any sense either.  No matter how you skin the cat. I don’t always defend DirecTV®, quite the contrary 

LOL, OK - here was the intent.

He accused you of defending DTV no matter what. Others showed where he was wrong on things. He said "Unlike you guys, I am not assuming anything" to which I replied "except that peds will defend anything related to DirectTV."  - as in, he IS assuming that you will defend anything related to Directv.

#37 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,419 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:13 PM

LOL, OK - here was the intent.

He accused you of defending DTV no matter what. Others showed where he was wrong on things. He said "Unlike you guys, I am not assuming anything" to which I replied "except that peds will defend anything related to DirectTV."  - as in, he IS assuming that you will defend anything related to Directv.

Oh, OK.  I guess that makes sense 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...