Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

what could be the problem here....

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JcT21

JcT21

Legend

• Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

i have 1 hr24 dvr and 2 h24 hd receivers, whole home dvr setup with internet.

all of my hd channels are gone.  I cannot add them manually, they don't even show up in the guide and if I toggle the hide/show channels in settings it makes no difference they still wont show up. 

roughly half of my sd channels show up, however each receiver gets different sd channels.   for example I can get msnbc channel 356 on my h24 in the bedroom but not the dvr or the other h24 in my 2nd bedroom.  same thing goes with the sd channels with starz, I can get those on the dvr but not any of the other 2 boxes.   its like that with the rest of the channels, each box decides what channels they want.  I know, its very strange.

for the last few days ive been getting the error 771 on the channels that just don't show up.  if I manually punch in the channel, I get the error channel not available, even though its in my package.  however no hd whatsoever will show up on any receiver. and will not appear even when all channels is selected.

all internet related services such as youtube, Pandora, apps, etc   are now gone.

over the last few days the dvr has been going through a self check at random that lasts for 1-3hrs each time.  unplugging, multiple reboots has no effect.

I noticed a software upgrade at 440am and that same morning I got up is when it started acting funny.  0x7eb 3/11 440am.

I called and spoke with a csr and he said the swm was ok and it could be a decoder inside the dvr causing the problem.  does that sound possible?

ive been a customer for several years and I ended up getting a free genie & mini client upgrade to be installed next week.    but I cant help but wonder what in the world possessed my setup.  

your thoughts and input is appreciated :-)

Edited by JcT21, 14 March 2014 - 07:36 PM.

Xtra + HD Extra Pack
SiriusXM subscriber

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,291 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

What happens if you try to repeat satellite set up?  it sounds like the wrong dish type is selected.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,195 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:26 PM

Id love to know how the csr thinks he can tell it's now the swim. It could easily be the swim or a power problem for the swim or a cabling problem.

I would start by first going through satellite set up as ped suggested and redoing salad set up all three boxes.

Then I would unplug all the boxes and the power supply for the Lnb . Then after about 15 minutes I plug in the power supply for the lnb. Then after another 15 minutes I would plug in all three boxes. Then I'd see what happens. And if you have a deck a connection somewhere for Internet Id also unplug that and leave that unplugged until the rest of the issues get worked out.

#4 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 11,233 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

I would start by ...  and redoing salad set up all three boxes.

I just so love (hate) autocomplete, but it is entertaining at times.  Hey, HR, I'll take a Caesar while you're at it !rolling

• Rich likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,296 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

I want mine with extra anchovies on the side.... :)

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#6 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,195 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:46 AM

!rolling.

I'm leaving that one alone!

#7 OFFLINE   JcT21

JcT21

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:14 AM

i tried running the sat setup again.  i ran it twice.  i unplugged everything as suggested.  however this time when everything came back up im able to receive nearly all sd channels on the dvr, but not the other 2 hd boxes.  i still receive a few on each of those.  but still no hd anywhere. 

ive linked to an image off the error screen on my tv after running the sat setup.  how is it i can get sd channels with the sats x'd out?

thanks for the suggestions, atleast (for now)  i can get sd and until i get my new stuff installed next week, its better than nothing :-)

http://i1374.photobu...zpsc8259b3f.jpg

Edited by JcT21, 15 March 2014 - 07:15 AM.

Xtra + HD Extra Pack
SiriusXM subscriber

#8 OFFLINE   JcT21

JcT21

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:20 AM

also, regarding the swm.  the csr had me unplug it to see if the error 775 came up.  once plugged back in the 775 went away and the 771 returned.  according to him, thats how he determined the swm was still good.    does that sound right?

Xtra + HD Extra Pack
SiriusXM subscriber

#9 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,291 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:24 AM

i tried running the sat setup again. i ran it twice. i unplugged everything as suggested. however this time when everything came back up im able to receive nearly all sd channels on the dvr, but not the other 2 hd boxes. i still receive a few on each of those. but still no hd anywhere.

ive linked to an image off the error screen on my tv after running the sat setup. how is it i can get sd channels with the sats x'd out?

thanks for the suggestions, atleast (for now) i can get sd and until i get my new stuff installed next week, its better than nothing :-)

http://i1374.photobu...zpsc8259b3f.jpg

well it seems you are having signal issues. what are the signal readings on the satellites with red Xs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#10 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,291 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:26 AM

also, regarding the swm. the csr had me unplug it to see if the error 775 came up. once plugged back in the 775 went away and the 771 returned. according to him, thats how he determined the swm was still good. does that sound right?

that's sounds about right specially since you are showing all those red Xs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#11 OFFLINE   JcT21

JcT21

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:44 AM

here is a link of the signals on 101.  however the other sats are 0's and N/A's across the board.    signals on the 101 in the past have always been in the high 90's and some 100's.

http://i1374.photobu...zpsc18723a8.jpg

Xtra + HD Extra Pack
SiriusXM subscriber

#12 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,256 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:55 AM

You need a service call.  Dish way out of alignment.

#13 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,195 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

Yeah, that dish isnt even close to alignment, or the swim went bad..  No more trouble shooting here will help till you get someone out there to fix that.  Assuming you are getting almost the same readings on all boxes.

And the 0's on your 101 are spot beams so those being zero isnt the issue by the way.

#14 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,291 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

Yep, no wonder why the 99 and 103 are 0s, you are barely getting the 101. 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#15 OFFLINE   JcT21

JcT21

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:53 AM

my dish is mounted on a poll.  seems the cement used several years ago to sturdy the poll has broken loose so the poll has a LOT of play in it.  i manged to sturdy it up with some rocks last night as a temp fix till the tech arrives tomorrow afternoon.  now im getting normal readings on the sats and the 101 is back up to normal 98's and 100's.   my hd has returned and everything is back to normal.   i just didnt think about the dish being out of alignment since i could get some programming.   i just assumed either i got signal for everything or i didnt.   thanks guys for all your help and input....  now i just wish tomorrow would get here, im excited to play around with the new genie :-)

Xtra + HD Extra Pack
SiriusXM subscriber

Protected By... spam firewall...And...