Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Replacing Slimline 3LNB - Which Dish to get?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   davahad

davahad

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

Hi,

My Slimline 3LNB has 4 outputs and i have 4 cables running to 2 HR24-500's. The cable run is very short at about 20-25 feet. One of the LNB covers broke off and recently I started getting

771 errors on both receivers and several channels are no longer coming in.

In the next month or two I am going to replace 1 HR24 with a HR44.

DTV is coming out tomorrow and I would like to know which dish I should ask for?  The Slimline 3 LNB with the built in 8 port multiswitch?  Or is better to keep the same style dish I currently have with the

4 outputs and add a separate multiswitch when I replace the HR24 with HR44?  If so guessing they would probably replace the LNB and realign?

Thanks.

Two (2) HR24-500's*
5 LNB Dish*
HR10-250**
3 LNB Dish**
Pioneer Elite 1120HD 50" Plasma (1080i)
Denon 4308 CI
HR24's connected via HDMI through Denon Receiver
RG6 Quad Shield Cable 30' Run (No SWiM)
Network - Cat 6 Cable/Gigabit Linksys EG008W Switch & Linksys WRT600N Router

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,285 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

Not sure if you really get to choose which dish.  If your final configuration is the Genie and one existing HR24, you only have seven (7) tuners so they are going to install the LNB that supports eight (8) tuners. 

OR you could have them add a Genie and with your two HR24s, you'll have nine (9) tuners so they will install a SWM16. Then at a future date (after you've watched all the shows on your HR24), deactivate it and ship it back.  This will cost you an additional $6 per month while you have the HR24 installed.

Not that I recommend this path just to get a SWM16 installed.

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,266 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

right you don't get to chose which LNB you get. the tech will replace your defective LNB with the same type

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

spam firewall