Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

GenieGO 2 First Look

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   prushing

prushing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 462 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:50 AM

Android is able to do everything you can do on a downloaded file

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,575 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:28 AM

Android is able to do everything you can do on a downloaded file

Can you "stack" skips with the Android clients? Asking because I'm unable to with the PC client, but I can with the iPhone client. On the current PC client (2.1.0.36), I can only skip ahead 30 seconds at a time.

/steve

#83 OFFLINE   prushing

prushing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 462 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:35 AM

Can you "stack" skips with the Android clients? Asking because I'm unable to with the PC client, but I can with the iPhone client. On the current PC client (2.1.0.36), I can only skip ahead 30 seconds at a time.

I'll have to confirm but it was working last night on show that I don't think was transcoded. I'll schedule a recording that I know isn't auto downloaded.

#84 OFFLINE   prushing

prushing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 462 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:17 AM

I'll have to confirm but it was working last night on show that I don't think was transcoded. I'll schedule a recording that I know isn't auto downloaded.

30 second skips do stack fine on Android, but as normal only on a show that has finished recording

On PC it works, but the time bar does does jump back and forth and then the video goes to the correct skip forward spot

#85 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,575 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:24 AM

On PC it works, but the time bar does does jump back and forth and then the video goes to the correct skip forward spot

I see the jumping back and forth on my PC client, but no matter how many times I press SKIP while streaming, I only seem to advance 30 seconds. Could have something to do with the responsiveness of the computer itself.

Good that the Android client is stacking. Hopefully the iPad app will stack as well at some point. Even if it doesn't, the iPad scrubber bar does update the time as you slide it forward, so it's an acceptable alternative, IMHO. 

/steve

#86 OFFLINE   VABlitz

VABlitz

• Registered
  • 109 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:22 PM

Any chance they will let me transcode and download outside my home network.  It would be nice to get new shows when I am on the road to be able to watch them on the plane ride home...I could do that with my Vulkano, it just was not very stable.

Also, I would like better device compatibility (Transformer Prime) and HD content for my laptop.

Edited by VABlitz, 13 April 2014 - 09:24 PM.

#87 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,311 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

Any chance they will let me transcode and download outside my home network. It would be nice to get new shows when I am on the road to be able to watch them on the plane ride home...I could do that with my Vulkano, it just was not very stable.

Not at this time. You can stream OOH, but that won't help you on the flight.

Edited by trh, 13 April 2014 - 09:33 PM.

#88 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,996 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:10 AM

Any chance they will let me transcode and download outside my home network.  It would be nice to get new shows when I am on the road to be able to watch them on the plane ride home.

That's been on my wish list for GG ever since it came out.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#89 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,690 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:40 AM

It's fair to assume that with the imminent release of GG2 now...and the fact that it has more current and powerful hardware inside...additional capabilities might be possible in the future. Just speculating.

DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#90 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,996 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:45 AM

I'm guessing the lack of the feature has more to do with contracts\DRM vs. hardware\software limitations.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#91 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,575 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

I wouldn't be surprised to remote copying appear in a future GG1 f/w update. OTA transcoding as well. Don't see it as a h/w limitation in either case.

/steve

#92 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,575 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:50 AM

I'm guessing the lack of the feature has more to do with contracts\DRM vs. hardware\software limitations.

You could be right. I don't think the TiVo Stream supports OOH downloading either.

/steve

#93 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,690 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

Beside any OOH capabilities (and limitations)...there's certainly other candidates for new things stemming from GG2. The desire to process multiple devices concurrently was on multiple wishlists, along with perhaps new remote administration capabilities...it will be interesting to see if any of those kind of things surface in the future.

• Laxguy likes this
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#94 OFFLINE   sbl

sbl

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 848 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:37 PM

Has the GG2 been released? SolidSignal's web site still shows the old model.

Steve

My Setup

#95 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,202 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

I'd believe SS's site. (Ive seen no reports saying it was in the wild).

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#96 OFFLINE   Lenard

Lenard

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

Got one from SS on 5/27. Thought I was getting #1, opened box on delivery and it was a #2
  • Jasqid likes this

#97 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,621 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:33 PM

I've got tired of waiting for the GG2 so I got the Slingbox 500 instead. I need it for WC soccer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#98 OFFLINE   prushing

prushing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 462 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

I've got tired of waiting for the GG2 so I got the Slingbox 500 instead. I need it for WC soccer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I have both. I have an older Slingbox and use it any time I want to watch something live. I use the GG for all other watching. Its easier to REW/FF using the GG than the Slingbox.

A note for setting up the Slingbox, test it out at work ASAP. You may need to change the ports so that you can get by any ports that are blocked. You don't want to try and watch a game and find out it is blocked.

Edited by prushing, 07 June 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#99 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,575 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

For fans of the Slingbox, I notice that BestBuy has the model 350 on sale for $129, free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.c...5&skuId=6578328

/steve

#100 OFFLINE   SteelersFan

SteelersFan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:15 AM

Any chance they will let me transcode and download outside my home network.  It would be nice to get new shows when I am on the road to be able to watch them on the plane ride home...I could do that with my Vulkano, it just was not very stable.

Also, I would like better device compatibility (Transformer Prime) and HD content for my laptop.

Ahh, the Vulkano.  My Vulkano Flow is still running strong albeit lately it seems there's been some issues with buffering.  When it works, it works really good and for $100, it was hard to not take the plunge!  Wish they updates the set-up software.  It's trash. 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...