Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

GenieGO 2 First Look

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   tsduke

tsduke

Godfather

• Registered
  • 471 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

I ordered a GenieGo last week and received the first version.  I'm returning it to hold out for the newer version.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#122 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,094 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

I ordered a GenieGo last week and received the first version.  I'm returning it to hold out for the newer version.

Did you order it from DIRECTV or a dealer like Solid Signal?

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#123 OFFLINE   tsduke

tsduke

Godfather

• Registered
  • 471 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:51 AM

Did you order it from DIRECTV or a dealer like Solid Signal?

Directv via phone.  Was about $25 cheaper with free shipping included than SolidSignal.

#124 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,094 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:57 AM

You might want to call Solid Signal and see if they do have the GG 2 available if you really must have one. Remember, DIRECTV considers the GG and GG2 the same, just like a HR34 and HR44 are the same. Based on how much better the GG 2 works I'd just pay the extra $'s and not take chances with DIRECTV ordering.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#125 OFFLINE   tsduke

tsduke

Godfather

• Registered
  • 471 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:51 PM

Yea, and I know that, but hoped it wasn't true for the GenioGo or I would get lucky.  No big deal. They credited and are sending a label.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...