Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

R16-300 for RV Audio concern

R16 audio RV

Best Answer peds48 , 19 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

. I have a used HD receiver without a card and it gets audio feedback from the same dish and cables.

Bill

What is the model of that receiver?  you might want to hold on to it and use it to align you dishes litzdog mentioned, none of the newer receivers have this any more it was removed awhile back 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wjm

wjm

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

I am new to the forum so please excuse my ignorance. I have recently switched form cable to Direct TV HD with Genie at my house. I have a barn on my property and an RV. I contacted Direct about adding a Standard Difinition receiver/dvr to my account for  the barn (also to be used in the RV) and they suggested that I purchase an R16 from Solid Signal. I purchased the R16-300 and before I activated it I noticed that I had no AUDIO FEEDBACK when acquiring the 101 satelitte. I get 95% signal but no audio. I called Direct support and they would not tell me if that is normal since I had not activated the R16. Solid Signal agreed with me and sent a second R16. The second R16 also has NO Audio. I have a used HD receiver without a card and it gets audio feedback from the same dish and cables. I am afraid if I activate and the receiver is bad neither Direct or Solid Signalwith honor any warranty.

Can anyone tell me if I should be getting audio (tone indicating signal strenght) when acquiring the 101satelitte on an R16 that has not been activated? Did I get 2 defective R16's from Solid Signal? I plan on calling Direct tomorrow and trying to talk to the support group but my last experience was not great.

Thanks in advance for sharing your expertise!

Bill

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,592 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:46 AM

None of the newer DVRs or HD Receivers provide any audio tone when aligning the dish.   There's nothing wrong with your R16.   You'll need a helper to provide the signal readings while you tweak the dish. 

HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,691 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:04 PM   Best Answer

. I have a used HD receiver without a card and it gets audio feedback from the same dish and cables.

Bill

What is the model of that receiver?  you might want to hold on to it and use it to align you dishes litzdog mentioned, none of the newer receivers have this any more it was removed awhile back 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   wjm

wjm

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

Thank you for the replies to my question about the audio feedback when locating satelittes on the R16 receiver. I am not an expert and I am only reporting what I have observed with the R16 receiver. I tried 2 R16 receivers and neither one had audio feedback when acquiring the 101 satelitte. Idecided to move forward and have Direct TV activate the second receiver. Once Activated I did have AUDIO FEEDBACK when pointed the dish to 101. It appears that you get audio feedback AFTER the receiver is activated.

Thanks again for the replies.

WJM

#5 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,485 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:12 AM

Unfortunately, the audio option is still in the menu but doesn't work.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R16, audio, RV

Protected By... spam firewall...And...