Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New to Dish

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kojak 35

kojak 35

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:17 AM

I was a DirecTV subscriber for years, going back to the beginning. I have been with cable for the last few years, as I am now working for a major cable provider. Since I don't live in their market I don't enjoy any perks. The cable provider in my area has increased my bill, so I have decided to change to Dish. My install is later today and would appreciate any tips and tricks for operation of my new Hopper. Thanks for the help in advance...and I am happy to be back with Satellite TV again.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using DBSTalk mobile app

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 344 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:21 AM

Wait at least 48 hrs. after install before complaining about features not working.
  • toobs likes this

#3 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:30 AM

Reboot when something doesn't appear to work. This only takes a few minutes and clears up many issues.

Also, if you think there's a problem and are posting it in these forums, please be specific - especially in the title of the thread.

Enjoy your space TV!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...