Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

moving /install

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cbraze2

cbraze2

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • Locationrawlins,wyoming

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:17 AM

i would like to now why it takes so long to my system moved to new address we are having to wait over a week for direct tv to come install at news address i placed order on 3/14 and have to wait 10 days before they come and install . if i was with dishnetwork i could of gotten it on sunday 3/16. we have been with direct tv for over 7 years and then they tell me we have to wait for 10 days before they install us so what is up with that

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,647 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:47 AM

It just depends on how busy the installers in your area are.   While 10 days is bit long, it's not unheard of.   Be sure to check your DirecTV account and call them regularly to see if you can get an earlier appointment.  

HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,928 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:51 AM

Probably one of the hazards of living out in East Jesus. Finding installers willing to drive 50-100 miles between installations probably ins't a walk in the park. I'm guessing that DISH has taken a slightly different approach and is leaning more on third party installers.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#4 OFFLINE   TBoneit

TBoneit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

I am only guessing here, however my guess is that DirecTV is relying on contractors and having problems finding ones willing to work for what they pay per job. The DishNetwork service people are probably employees that get paid by the hour. When You get paid by the hour it does make a difference. I worked a salary job, Once, never again. I worked piece work once, never again. Hourly is good.

Others may disagree.

TBoneit

Remember when your kids were the TV set's remote control?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...