Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Time Warner Edges Out EA in Running for Worst Company in America

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,581 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:49 AM

Time Warner Edges Out EA in Running for Worst Company in America

Consumerist will not award EA with third straight crown 

Time Warner Cable has passed Electronic Arts for the title of Worst Company in America in the first round of voting. According to Consumerist, it was only by a slim margin that Time Warner Cable edged past EA by garnering 51.2 percent of the votes in order to proceed onto the next round of the poll....

time_warner.jpg

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Cyber36

Cyber36

Legend

• Registered
  • 274 posts
  • LocationByron NY

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:47 AM

No surprise there........

• Dude111 likes this

#3 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,916 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:16 AM

Looks like they are doing it differently this year. Before DirecTV always went up against Dish. Dish isn't nominated, and DirecTV is going up against Facebook. Though I don't think either one should really be in the running.

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,749 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:49 PM

Facebook beat out DirecTV (DISH did not make the "playoffs" in the bracket system).

Silly poll ...
http://consumerist.c...ot-so-sweet-16/
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,621 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:58 PM

I'm surprised McDonalds beat Target after that CC hack incident, that lots of shoppers were concern with their identity info, I know Target is not responsible, but it doesn't bold too well with customers and in fear of ever using their CC at the store, And McDonald's well I'm not too sure about that other than the expensive Big Mac's and fries, but I do love their dollar value meals, and there is always long lines indoors and drive-thru especially weekends.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#6 OFFLINE   Cholly

Cholly

Old Guys Rule!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,448 posts
  • LocationIndian Trail, NC

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

This is going to be tough, since Time Warner is paired with Koch. Not fair! :guck:

Charlie
--------------------

Family Room: Sony KDFE-55A20 55" LCD RPTV; Yamaha RX-V663 AVR. Paradigm speakers - Focus fronts, CC170 center, PDR-8 subwoofer, Atom surrounds, ADP rear center; TiVoRoamio Plus, LG BH200 HD DVD/Blu-ray player via HDMI to AVR
Bedroom: Vizio 42" 3D TV, Pioneer VSX-521-K AVR, Panasonic 3D DVD player, Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers, Roku 2 XD, TiVo Premiere, Insignia HD radio tuner, Toshiba HD DVD player

#7 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,240 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:24 PM

It is down to just Monsanto and Comcast. Voting for the winner opens up Monday morning, so we should know who gets crowned the winner later in the day. 

http://consumerist.c...al-death-match/

2014wciabracketqfinal4.png

#8 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:53 AM

Quite a few apple and orange comparisons on the chart.

(disclaimer: I actually do business with Monsanto, Walmart, McDonalds, Ebay/Paypal, Wells Fargo, GM and DirecTV. Of those companies, in my experience, Ebay/Paypal is worst, and worst by a wide margin)

(I am also thinking, for instance, that Monsanto is getting high negatives from folks that don't actually do business with them, they get 'bad' press for their GMO products, not their customer interface. Might apply to McDonalds too, they get high negatives from folks that wouldn't be caught dead actually in a McDonalds)

#9 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,240 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:16 AM

Comcast Wins 'Worst Company in America' Award For Second Time

finaldeathmatch2014.png

Protected By... spam firewall...And...