Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MLB Extra Innings with MLB.tv

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   profmrw

profmrw

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:45 AM

I initially was going to not subscribe to EI this season and just order the MLB.TV package this term, however, D* gave me a discount that basically got the package to the same cost of the MLB.TV premium package ($110). According to the D* site for Extra Innings it is showing that you will be able to "watch on any device" (Droid, Roku, etc.) - Is the EI package also going to include the AtBat 14? They are showing on the site it is just "MLB.tv" and not "MLB.tv premium". If we are only getting the base "MLB.tv" package with EI that doesn't include the ability to watch on any device. I don't want to be stuck with EI this season and not be able to listen to the games on my Android Device and watch on my Roku.

Any assistance would be appreciated! Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,352 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

I am confused, you made the decision to go with EI and now are complaining because you are not sure if it is the Premium version of MLB.TV that comes with it and when you ordered EI you were under the impression that MLB>TV didnt come with it?   Does that sum it up about right?  To see the games on all devices it would have to be Premium or something in between.

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#3 OFFLINE   profmrw

profmrw

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:14 PM

I am confused, you made the decision to go with EI and now are complaining because you are not sure if it is the Premium version of MLB.TV that comes with it and when you ordered EI you were under the impression that MLB>TV didnt come with it?   Does that sum it up about right?  To see the games on all devices it would have to be Premium or something in between.

Not complaining - the website (http://www.directv.com/sports/mlb) shows a picture of a Roku, Android, etc., however, the graphic only is showing MLB.tv. I was just curious if what is being offered by D* is the equivilant to the premium package.

#4 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 806 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

It is MLB.TV Premium. The PTB have been made aware of that issue on the website.

Edited by JBv, 26 March 2014 - 02:06 PM.

DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#5 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

Authentication process did not work for me on my iPhone this morning.  When I called in, I got the typical blame game on why it doesn't work and it's not DirecTV's app.  I don't know why the testing process doesn't kill the bugs before the season started.  Maybe they should have tested during Spring Training.  I cancelled EI and went back with MLB.tv.  Maybe next year.

#6 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,536 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

Authentication process did not work for me on my iPhone this morning.  When I called in, I got the typical blame game on why it doesn't work and it's not DirecTV's app.  I don't know why the testing process doesn't kill the bugs before the season started.  Maybe they should have tested during Spring Training.  I cancelled EI and went back with MLB.tv.  Maybe next year.

I wouldn't give up so easily. Get it working and get EI and some money back for the issues.

I authenticated on my home PC running IE. Then just had to log in on my iphone.

LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#7 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:21 PM

I wouldn't give up so easily. Get it working and get EI and some money back for the issues.

I authenticated on my home PC running IE. Then just had to log in on my iphone.

I was too frustrated to wait.  I don't like it when a company doesn't take ownership of a problem when they are the company I am buying the product from.  I probably should have waited, but I already paid for MLB.tv and it was pretty clear that there are no refunds after I submitted the order.

I have PS3, Xbox, ROKU, Samsung SmartTVs and a couple of tablets/phones.  From what I read, I would need to authenticate each device.  I wasn't up for the challenge.

#8 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,536 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

I was too frustrated to wait.  I don't like it when a company doesn't take ownership of a problem when they are the company I am buying the product from.  I probably should have waited, but I already paid for MLB.tv and it was pretty clear that there are no refunds after I submitted the order.

I have PS3, Xbox, ROKU, Samsung SmartTVs and a couple of tablets/phones.  From what I read, I would need to authenticate each device.  I wasn't up for the challenge.

You only have to get the linkage to work once. You just login like you do to MLB.tv normally otherwise. The authentication links your directv account to the MLB account if you already have one. It has been picky on what you authenticate on. I got bad links and nonsense except on my windows PC via Internet explorer. (Figures, EI worked with IE. Oh!)

I had to relogin to my iPhone because of an app update but it remembered the info. My roku, iPad and sony Tv just worked. (I was never logged off.)
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV

#9 OFFLINE   profmrw

profmrw

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:35 PM

Happy to report the setup was easy and At Bat 2014 working on my Android and able to setup my account on Roku without any issues!

#10 OFFLINE   sunfire9us

sunfire9us

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

Where do I start ? Do I first go thru mlb tv or DTV? I've not seen the authentication process etc

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#11 OFFLINE   DR2420

DR2420

• Registered
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

Go to www.directv.com/mlb

You will see "Learn how to activate your account with MLB.TV" and you need to click on that. It tells you what you need to do. Start with Directv first. 

#12 OFFLINE   sunfire9us

sunfire9us

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

Go to www.directv.com/mlb

You will see "Learn how to activate your account with MLB.TV" and you need to click on that. It tells you what you need to do. Start with Directv first.

Yeah I just found the link and got my pc and At Bat apps working

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#13 OFFLINE   j_al23@ymail.com

j_al23@ymail.com

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts
  • LocationMapleton, Ut

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:27 PM

Everything works on my iPhone but still not on mlb.tv website for my PC. Everytime I try and watch the game it says I need to update my payment profile which I did with multiple credit cards. I called MLB customer support but they gave up on me. Directv Technical support said everything was good on their end. Frustrating

#14 OFFLINE   beauduran

beauduran

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:48 PM

Has anyone tried to use the MLB app on AppleTV? I authenticated my account Sunday and was able to use both my iPhone and iPad today to watch live games, but when I try to login on AppleTV I get an error message that says "unable to verify user entitlement. Does the DirecTV deal not include AppleTV?

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

#15 OFFLINE   DR2420

DR2420

• Registered
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:26 PM

Everything works on my iPhone but still not on mlb.tv website for my PC. Everytime I try and watch the game it says I need to update my payment profile which I did with multiple credit cards. I called MLB customer support but they gave up on me. Directv Technical support said everything was good on their end. Frustrating

Maybe try making a new mlb.com account and try re-linking it to that one? I made a new one. You may not need or have to do that, but I don't think it would hurt to try. 

#16 OFFLINE   j_al23@ymail.com

j_al23@ymail.com

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts
  • LocationMapleton, Ut

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:26 AM

Maybe try making a new mlb.com account and try re-linking it to that one? I made a new one. You may not need or have to do that, but I don't think it would hurt to try.

I will try that, that may be my only option now. Thanks.

#17 OFFLINE   jmagoo

jmagoo

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:04 AM

Has anyone tried to use the MLB app on AppleTV? I authenticated my account Sunday and was able to use both my iPhone and iPad today to watch live games, but when I try to login on AppleTV I get an error message that says "unable to verify user entitlement. Does the DirecTV deal not include AppleTV?

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

I am getting the same. called MLB.tv last night and they said it was an issue for many others. They are working on the problem.  

#18 OFFLINE   DR2420

DR2420

• Registered
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

I will try that, that may be my only option now. Thanks.

Did it work?

#19 OFFLINE   j_al23@ymail.com

j_al23@ymail.com

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts
  • LocationMapleton, Ut

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

Did it work?

I think it worked. I'm able to watch an archived game from yesterday, but it still says: Buy MLB.TV on the media center page and says I don't have any audio/video subscriptions under my profile. Is this what it says for you?

#20 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,536 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

Here is a funny thing. I am still getting email nags from MLB.tv about paying for 2014 even though my account is working everywhere and is successfully tied to EI.

Too many databases.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...