Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MLB Extra Innings with MLB.tv

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   DR2420

DR2420

• Registered
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

I think it worked. I'm able to watch an archived game from yesterday, but it still says: Buy MLB.TV on the media center page and says I don't have any audio/video subscriptions under my profile. Is this what it says for you?

Yeah, it's doing the same thing. You'd think I'm not subscribed but it still works..

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   bertman64

bertman64

AllStar

• Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

A few thoughts after day 1: I have 6 HD DVRs and 5 Panasonic 3d Blu-Ray players with the MLB app. I created the account thru the link DTV.com and one by one linked each player with the code provided. I got a live game going thru MLB TV and then the same game thru DVR. The MLB TV is almost exactly 1 minute behind the E.I. of the same game. No commercials are played on MLB TV, just a sign saying commercial break. When I played a game about 10 hours after it was live the same thing. Was hoping they could skip the blank time on replays! Several times it froze and said "buffering". Once it said I was playing a game on another device and it would not play it even though I had turned the other one off. Suggested I change my password! So far I'm glad to have this as an extra but would not want to pay 129 for it alone! Now on day 2 here in Fort Worth, TX I can get Philadelphia at Texas only from the Rangers Fox Sports Southwest broadcast on Directv but I can get the Phillies broadcast thru MLB TV. So that is a plus! However the Yankees are in Houston and this game is only on the Mix Channel 720. It is blacked out on both Directv and MLB TV! Now I seem to remember when Houston was in the National League that I would get their games even without MLB EI on Directv.
So are the Rangers forcing this total Houston Astros blackout or what? Are they afraid people might want to watch Nolan Ryan sitting in Houston with perhaps one of the former Presidents Bush? Do other teams black out nearby competitors? Very frustrating!

Edited by bertman64, 01 April 2014 - 06:48 PM.

#23 OFFLINE   ziggy29

ziggy29

Icon

• Registered
  • 691 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio DMA

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:23 AM

So are the Rangers forcing this total Houston Astros blackout or what? Are they afraid people might want to watch Nolan Ryan sitting in Houston with perhaps one of the former Presidents Bush? Do other teams black out nearby competitors? Very frustrating!

It has nothing to do with the Rangers.  It's the MLB blackout policy combined with CSN Houston being obnoxious.  Because all of Texas is designated as "territory" of both the Astros and Rangers, MLB blackout rules demand that you either watch their "locally available" broadcasts...or nothing.  Which means, in the case of the Astros, if you live in Texas you can only watch the Astros on the local broadcast (usually through CSN Houston).  But because so much of Texas does not get CSN Houston because of their idiocy and lack of reasonableness, you don't get to see the Astros at all.  Because the Rangers are on an RSN that almost everyone in Rangers territory receives, Rangers games are rarely blacked out in Texas.  

Edited by ziggy29, 02 April 2014 - 06:24 AM.

My stuff: D* HR20-700 (living room) / R15 (bedroom) / OTA 91XG+YA1713+HDP269 / Harmony 880

#24 OFFLINE   dravenstone

dravenstone

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

Posted in another thread in a different sub forum on this - it seems pretty clear that there is a problem with MLB.TV on AppleTV when using the authorized creds from DTV.

From my tests and a bunch of reading seems like most (if not all) other devices are working OK, but there is definitely something up between Apple and MLB when authorized via EI.

#25 OFFLINE   jmagoo

jmagoo

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:21 PM

Good news!

MLB.TV is now working with AppleTV for DirecTV Extra Inning subscribers

#26 OFFLINE   boogie

boogie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:35 PM

I live in the Los Angeles DMA and can't receive the Dodgers (due to a carriage dispute with Time Warner Cable SportsNet) on DIRECTV, even with the MLB Extra Innings package. Since DTV now includes MLB.TV, I decided to fire up my Apple TV and use the MLB.TV app. To my surprise, I can watch Dodger games! I can also use my iPad and Android devices to see the Dodgers.  This only works at home; when I am at work I get the usual "this game is blacked out in your area" nag screen.

Edited by boogie, 17 April 2014 - 07:35 PM.

#27 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:53 AM

Are you watching it live or the reun several hours after it's been on air? And is it the Dodgers home broadcast or the other teams?

#28 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

Sounds to me like MLB.tv's server is "seeing" boogie's home IP address as being outside Dodgers territory, for whatever reason.
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#29 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,555 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

As I posted in the other thread, I am seeing odd blackout enforcement.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#30 OFFLINE   woj027

woj027

Icon

• Registered
  • 825 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

I'm having troubles with my appletv. Anyone have insight how to get it working?

#31 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,333 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

Can you be specific? 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#32 OFFLINE   woj027

woj027

Icon

• Registered
  • 825 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:37 AM

Can you be specific? 

I am trying to log onto the MLB app on the AppleTV and when i put in my username and account into the app it says invalid credentials.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...