Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Help with HDMI OUT AND remote help please

Vip722 remote #21

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   EnemyOf1

EnemyOf1

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley, CA

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

Here's my problem. I have the receiver in my master bedroom. I had no where to really place it in the living room. I watch primarily in my LR. But since it's only got 1 HDMI OUT ON CH 1. I have to walk into the bedroom where the receiver is to change the channel. Is there a way to make the living room remote control Ch 1 via RF?

I'd also like to have HD IN MY BEDROOM. but with only one HDMI OUT from ch 1 is there an HDMI SWITCH that will split the HD Signal to two TV's?

Than if I want to watch something else or have company over I can switch the bedroom to the ch 2 RCA OUTPUT.

SO I want my living remote to control ch 1 w/ HDMI VIA RF and the bedroom remote to control ch 2 in my bedroom where the receiver is stationed to control via ir.

Make sense

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,784 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

First question is what receiver do you have?

#3 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 652 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:10 PM

Yea, question doesnt quite make sense.  Based on the topic above, it looks like the recvr is a vip722.  So question is, are you watching the reciever, essentially, backwards?  With TV1 being in the living room and TV 2 (Standard def) in the bedroom?   If your watching HD at both locations, which would really make more sense, then you would want the receiver in SINGLE mode, that way both remotes would control the same thing: HDMI out to the fam room, and use the COMPONENT video w/ AUDIO outputs to the bedroom......viola, HD in both rooms.  Now if  HD (Fam), SD (Bed) is what u want, then i guess it depends what kind of remote your using.  If you've got the 21.0 IR/UHF remote, then take the 1 for TV 1 and push the TV1 label at the bottom out, turn it over an put it back in.  This will turn the remote into UHF/IR.

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

#4 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 652 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

IF your TV1 remote is IR only then obviously this wont work.  Get yourself a new remote thats IR/UHF.  You MAY be able to delete both remotes from memory on the recever an reprogramm the IR remote to use TV2, an subsequently the IR/UHF to be TV1 but not sure if that will work.  Easier solution is just get a 2nd remote for TV1 thats IR/UHF.

Another solution might be to get 1 of those IR to UHF wireless reciever/transmitter units;  Purchase a "Universal" remote w/ RF base station; but obviously the dish remote would be cheaper. 

Edited by shadough, 28 March 2014 - 05:20 PM.

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

spam firewall