Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

S342 for HwS in the Wild, anyone . . .

S342 HwS Hopper with Sling

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 572 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

Just read over at SatGuys that S342 started rolling out yesterday. Anyone get it yet and what have you discovered Fixed or Broken?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,050 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

without official notes accompanied new version of FW, there is nothing to discover

#3 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 572 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

I'm sure that once people start getting it on their machines, they'll have "discovered" what has been fixed, broken and rebroken and have plenty to post.

"Notes!" "Notes!" "We doan need no stinking notes!"

#4 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 682 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:13 PM

Have not noticed anything different here.

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB using DBSTalk mobile app

#5 OFFLINE   tmds78

tmds78

• Registered
  • 6 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, HI

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:21 PM

I am a FSM for a RSP for Dishnetwork.  We are seeing major problems with software s342 with the auto and manual check switch's on the installation of new receivers.  The check switch screen is coming back with all X's for satellites however shows connected to 3 lnb's, dpp33 switch and solo node.  However you can still read signal on the signal strength screen just fine.  Engineers thus far can not tell us why it displays this way however if we let the receiver sit it will eventually just start working.  Joey software updates are now also taking up to 30 min to complete.  This is very frustrating for the tech's even though they can verify signal behind the receiver with their super buddy but they have no idea if the receiver will acctually work untill they see programming.  They just have to sit and wait for 30 min with their fingers crossed.  With the customer watching this does not instill confidence in anyone

#6 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:59 PM

I wonder if this is only happening in HI? I downloaded a couple Hoppers this week and have had no issues with them. The Joey software download also went quickly, no longer than it has in the past.

#7 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 572 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:55 AM

Well, 347 is said to be on it's way by about the 9th of May with many fixes. Fingers Crossed. I have just become numb to all that is going on and biting the bullet. Just realized that I have missing recordings. But would never know it with all else going on. Not sure if I have watched all that I do have 100% or not. It says I have so I guess I have.

#8 OFFLINE   TimCoh

TimCoh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:00 PM

Well it is 05/09 no S347. S342 is very buggy. Dish is destroying the Hopper. Might be time to look into DTV and Genie.

#9 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:19 PM

I'd give it a couple of weeks.

#10 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 421 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:40 PM

I'd give it a couple of weeks.

Yes they should be able to rush some more errors out in a couple of weeks.

#11 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 401 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:34 PM

Those reports came from Dish employees who test the sw before we beta test it. :eek:

#12 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,050 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:02 PM

Those reports came from Dish employees who test the sw before we beta test it. :eek:

pretty obvious, the beta testing must be executed at dish site, should be not done by customer! :(

#13 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 572 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:42 AM

Well rumors all over the net say that S347 is due to start spooling on the 9th. Just really curious as to what it's suppose to fix. And what it'll break?

Hoping for the best. Fingers Crossed . . . .

UPDATE:

It's the 9th and I haven't gotten it yet. Looking forward to the fixes.

#14 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 572 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:42 PM

Guess they've let out a couple S347's and the real fix is S502. It's the 17th and I haven't seen either yet, but I've read that many have it. One or the other, all headed to S502. So . . .

I'm anxious.

#15 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,050 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:41 AM

when new version came, it would be more appropriate create new thread for avoid confusion other people now I would ask Mods to spin off last few posts in new thread with correct version number

#16 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,853 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

One reason why most companies do not pre-announce things like new firmware, is because stuff happens... and dates are missed... and you set off all kinds of bad reactions from customers who had expectations based upon your announcements of things not yet ready.

I could be wrong, I sometimes am, but I do not believe Dish officially announces any upcoming firmware to the public.  They might share info internally, and maybe some of this info leaks to other Web sites who "announce" it unofficially.  Sometimes a CSR may also go rogue and talk to customers about upcoming firmware or features.  I can guarantee, though, that corporate would not like this practice as all it does is set them up to fail in the eyes of customers.  Companies are not always good at cracking down on internal and external leaks, though... so stuff gets out.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#17 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,853 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

Discussion of S503 has been moved to a new thread:

http://www.dbstalk.c...hopper-w-sling/

Please continue discussion of S503 in that thread.  Thanks!

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#18 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,050 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:12 PM

One reason why most companies do not pre-announce things like new firmware, is because stuff happens... and dates are missed... and you set off all kinds of bad reactions from customers who had expectations based upon your announcements of things not yet ready.

I could be wrong, I sometimes am, but I do not believe Dish officially announces any upcoming firmware to the public.  They might share info internally, and maybe some of this info leaks to other Web sites who "announce" it unofficially.  Sometimes a CSR may also go rogue and talk to customers about upcoming firmware or features.  I can guarantee, though, that corporate would not like this practice as all it does is set them up to fail in the eyes of customers.  Companies are not always good at cracking down on internal and external leaks, though... so stuff gets out.

You are mistaken in general approach. Not sure why ...
Perhaps you missed charlie chats, but there they used a practice of announcement of future FW version(s) and its feature and bugs elimination.

Nope. It was. It should be. Or all customers are treat as free workforce ie "beta" testers.

#19 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,228 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:29 PM

You are mistaken in general approach. Not sure why ...
Perhaps you missed charlie chats, but there they used a practice of announcement of future FW version(s) and its feature and bugs elimination.

It has been a few years, but I do not recall announcements of FW versions or bug discussion in chats. We did get release notes in the past ... and a nice page of what software versions were current. But the release notes became vague and then basically disappeared. Current discussion seems to be leak based not release based.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#20 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,050 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

He did post it as too generalized release - like total blanket for past, present and future....

Protected By... spam firewall...And...