Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

S342 for HwS in the Wild, anyone . . .

S342 HwS Hopper with Sling

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,450 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:40 PM

I do remember on a Charlie Chat a time or two when Charlie would say something and then whomever else was there with him on the show would give him a funny look like a "I wish you hadn't said that in public" look...  so I think Charlie sometimes was guilty of a leak or two that others wished he hadn't announced.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,721 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:12 AM

OK, we have the acceptance :) Now if we could get back and say: if was on each of (how many?) CC. hehehe

#23 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,300 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:11 PM

Perhaps you can do your own homework and look through transcripts from the old shows.

Sure, there were "I wish you had not said that" moments ... some were when Charlie said it ... but that does not prove your assertion that bugs and release notes were a regular subject of Charlie Chats or Tech Forums. When a caller brought something up there might be some discussion (similar to current social media "we'll look into it" replies and the constant "I'll pass that request along" response to ANY channel request - someone could request DirecTV's Audience network and I would not be surprised if the request got the "passed along" response). But "hey, we're coming out with S342 and it fixes X, Y and Z." Not common at all. At least, not in the latter years of the program before DISH decided to end the program.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#24 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,721 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

were a regular subject

that's your words and Stewart make it look as it never been done; I think you understand that, just do try make it smooth and bury in semantics ...

we should finish the exercices

• 3HaloODST likes this

#25 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,300 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

Misquoting someone is poor taste. Why don't we just stick a fork in this?
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

spam firewall