Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV App for iPad version 2.6.3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,435 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:44 PM

- Miscellaneous bug and stability updates

It's in the App Store now.
/steve

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Billzebub

Billzebub

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 543 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

Junk. The app automatically updated today and now it closes the app every time I try and load my playlist

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

#3 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,188 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:33 PM

Kill the multi-task and re-start.  That worked for me.

If not, delete the app and re-download.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#4 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,435 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

Junk. The app automatically updated today and now it closes the app every time I try and load my playlist

Not seeng that here. If you haven't already tried, I'd do a delete and re-install, in case something got corrupted. Just a thought.

Edit: Dennis beat me to it. :P
/steve

#5 OFFLINE   Billzebub

Billzebub

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 543 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

I restarted the iPad itself 3 times. That did the trick finally. Thanks.

#6 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,435 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:24 PM

I had a devil of a time finding my Cosmos recordings, because I had transcoded episodes 'ready to download'. Not sure if the missing poster art was a coincidence, but the show title was obscured as well.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

/steve

#7 OFFLINE   Billzebub

Billzebub

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 543 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

It's not closing the app anymore but any new recordings after 5:00 pm today on my Genie are not showing up. The other DVRs are fine as are earlier recordings on the Genie.

I hate it when they release fixes for things that aren't broken and then the fix breaks the thing that wasn't broke.

#8 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,188 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:37 AM

Try a 30 second reset on the GG.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#9 OFFLINE   Billzebub

Billzebub

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 543 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:27 AM

Try a 30 second reset on the GG.

I'm out of town right now. I'll try when I get home.

#10 OFFLINE   Billzebub

Billzebub

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 543 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

It's not closing the app anymore but any new recordings after 5:00 pm today on my Genie are not showing up. The other DVRs are fine as are earlier recordings on the Genie.

I hate it when they release fixes for things that aren't broken and then the fix breaks the thing that wasn't broke.

Finally got home. The problem was the Genie itself. For some reason it canceled 4 recordings last night.

#11 OFFLINE   Alanjudy

Alanjudy

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

There was a few features of the original GenieGo app that has kept me from switching to the DirecTv for iPad app. Can anyone let me know if these are supported in the latest 2.6.3 DirecTv for iPad App. I have emailed DirecTv about this.

1. When watching GenieGo content offline (not streaming) 15 sec skip back and 30 second skip forward controls are available on screen.

2. The headphone controls to fastforward and rewind are set to use the above skip forward and back controls. This means a few double presses get you past the commercials with no need to touch the screen. This works so well on the original GenieGo app and I really hope this experience makes it into the DirecTv for iPad app.

#12 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,435 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

There was a few features of the original GenieGo app that has kept me from switching to the DirecTv for iPad app. Can anyone let me know if these are supported in the latest 2.6.3 DirecTv for iPad App. I have emailed DirecTv about this.

1. When watching GenieGo content offline (not streaming) 15 sec skip back and 30 second skip forward controls are available on screen.

2. The headphone controls to fastforward and rewind are set to use the above skip forward and back controls. This means a few double presses get you past the commercials with no need to touch the screen. This works so well on the original GenieGo app and I really hope this experience makes it into the DirecTv for iPad app.

The REPLAY (skip back) control is there, but no skip forward. You have to use the scrubber bar, ATM.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0350.PNG

/steve

#13 OFFLINE   OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt

Mentor

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

My sister is having the same problem with her geniego. She uninstalled the app from her ipad and re-installed it. Now she says all her receivers show on the ipad in red and says it cannot connect to them.

My first question: Every time she re-installs the app and signs in with her D* login, does that count as another connection towards the 5 total allowed? In otherwords, if she re-installs the app 6 times within 30 days, or anytime, does the geniego think she has 5 ipads all connected to her genigo?

Thanks for any help/info.

#14 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,509 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

My first question: Every time she re-installs the app and signs in with her D* login, does that count as another connection towards the 5 total allowed? In otherwords, if she re-installs the app 6 times within 30 days, or anytime, does the geniego think she has 5 ipads all connected to her genigo?

Thanks for any help/info.

No, is 5 different devices.  I guess the GG uses the device's name or serial number to differentiate 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#15 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,390 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

I have a stupid question, why with every networked receivers I have on Directv app Android or IOS, Does it shows immediately a H24 receiver that's in the basement with the same location name, But not the DVR's upstairs on living room and bedroom respectively?. I would think it would start with the living room Genie or bedroom HR24, then work it's way down, Although not the Genie if it's turned off but it's on at the time. H24 is being rarely used, But it always default to that receiver from the list of receivers networked, I'll just block access to that receiver so it won't show first.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 
Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#16 OFFLINE   dishinitout

dishinitout

Mentor

• Registered
  • 258 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:58 PM

I have a stupid question, why with every networked receivers I have on Directv app Android or IOS, Does it shows immediately a H24 receiver that's in the basement with the same location name, But not the DVR's upstairs on living room and bedroom respectively?. I would think it would start with the living room Genie or bedroom HR24, then work it's way down, Although not the Genie if it's turned off but it's on at the time. H24 is being rarely used, But it always default to that receiver from the list of receivers networked, I'll just block access to that receiver so it won't show first.

Not sure but may be the primary receiver listed on your account.

SL5, SWM16, 1 HR44, 1 HR34, 2 HR24, 2 C31, 1 C41W

#17 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,730 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:32 PM

You mean in the list if receivers you can choose? Or jut when you fire up the app? Because now watching module always shows me the last unit I had set to monitor.

#18 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,435 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:59 AM

Because now watching module always shows me the last unit I had set to monitor.

Same here. I just quit the iPad app and restarted it, and it still remembered the last "now watching"' receiver, even though it's currently in standby.

/steve

#19 OFFLINE   OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt

Mentor

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

In case this is helpful and saves others some time and problems:

My sister was/is having all kinds of problems (which I will not detail here just now) and I thought mine was working just fine. So I wanted to prepare and download some programs to the ipad in case I didn't have a wifi connection where I am going. Loaded the DirecTv app on the ipad while in home and it said "out of home" at the upper right and said "no connected receivers". Went into "receiver control" on the ipad and got a long message telling me what to do if receivers were listed in red. Problem was, they were not listed at all. I closed the app and opened it again with the same results. Having re-set up my sister's whole system with no success, I opted for a call to D* and got a very nice gal who I pretty much stumped with the status of my problem.

The fix? She suggested shutting down the ipad, waiting a few minutes, and starting it back up. Sounded odd, but what did I have to lose? Started it up and low and behold, there were the receivers, what I was "watching now" and the playlist. IO set my programs to download to the ipad and they soon showed up. So save yourselves some headaches and try restarting your ipad first, even if it takes a few times.

Now when I get out of town today, we'll see if OOH works if I get a decent wifi spot.

#20 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

I guess the GG uses the device's name or serial number to differentiate 

I don't think so.  When I activated the GG capabilities on my iPad app, that installation counted as a separate device than the GG iPhone app that was installed on the same device.  The GG app doesn't use the device name that has been assigned at the device level.  It has it's own.  I needed to use a different device name when setting up GG using the iPad app (Bill's iPad2) than I used when setting up the iPhone app (Bill's iPad).  If I didn't, I received a password error and couldn't complete the setup.

spam firewall