Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

fox sports regional networks

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   redram38

redram38

Icon

• Registered
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMillington Tn

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

I am new to Dish and am having trouble finding the reginal network for Fox Sports Cinn. It says that the Reds game will be on 412-17 but that does not show up in my guide. Is there a set channel for Fox sports Cinn, I would like to be able to set up and record the games and so far I am not having much luck. Also is there a way to type 412-17 on the remote? One last question. When I tune into dish anywhere many of the reginal sports channels are not showing. Am I doing things wrong here?

Directv with 4 HDDVR's 3 HR24's and one HR21
Dish with Hopper/sling, Hopper/sling adapter and 4 joeys

Directv for 17 years, Dish for 1 month. Loving the Hopper and Primetime anytime so far.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,938 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

If you have a Hopper/Joey you can type "41217" from the remote. But I would first check the guide to make sure that it is there and you have subscribed to the content. Press the Guide channel on the remote, press the red button and choose all channels, then type 41217 to jump to the channel. (MLB: Reds vs Mets is airing 1pm - 4pm today.)

If you do not have the Hopper/Joey then FOX Cincinnati is channel 427, with the HD channel (5427) mapped down to 427.

If you do not subscribe to a package including FOX Cincinnati you will not see the channel.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,772 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

First off - you must be subscribing to a package that includes your RSN (usually AT120+ or better).

2nd - depending on what receiver you have - it may not be listed as  "412-17" - it maybe under different channel number if you don't have a Hopper family receiver - so you may have to go searching.

Also, you may have a Favorites list setup - you may want to switch to an "All Channels" or "Channels I subscribe to" list that shows everything.

You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#4 OFFLINE   redram38

redram38

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMillington Tn

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

Ok it seems I did not have the package, I was thinking I had everything for the first 3 months but now I have subbed to it and it shows on the guide. Thanks for the help 

Directv with 4 HDDVR's 3 HR24's and one HR21
Dish with Hopper/sling, Hopper/sling adapter and 4 joeys

Directv for 17 years, Dish for 1 month. Loving the Hopper and Primetime anytime so far.

#5 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

Being in TN, you would not be able to get any pro sports from out of market, even if you did get "everything".  For $7/mo. you can get the Multisport package, which would include all the RSN's, but the games would be blacked out (unless there is a rain delay, in which case many out of market games sneak past the blackout window ;)  ).  

An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#6 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 335 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

It's now $11 per month. I really enjoy it for NFL RedZone and MLB Strike Zone. For baseball: rain delays, extra innings, high scoring or slow moving games will usually cause the out of market RSN to become visible after the blackout window (usually 3 hours for the SD feed, 3.5 for the HD feed.) The Multi-Sport Pack was NEVER intended to be a cheap alternative to MLB Extra Innings, NHL Center Ice, etc.

#7 OFFLINE   dstout

dstout

Legend

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

All of Tennessee is claimed by the Reds and the Braves. The Cardinals also claim West Tennessee.

Being in TN, you would not be able to get any pro sports from out of market, even if you did get "everything".  For $7/mo. you can get the Multisport package, which would include all the RSN's, but the games would be blacked out (unless there is a rain delay, in which case many out of market games sneak past the blackout window ;)  ).  

#8 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 671 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

Isn't it possible that the game could be in the "ALT" (alternate) channels?  NOt sure what all FSN Cinti shows, if they have any FSN+ content, then that would show up in the ALT channels.

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

#9 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:41 PM

Some games could be broadcast on the Alt channels. The Game Finder would provided the channel and if the game is available or blacked out from an area. Thanks.

Isn't it possible that the game could be in the "ALT" (alternate) channels?  NOt sure what all FSN Cinti shows, if they have any FSN+ content, then that would show up in the ALT channels.

Edited by Ray C@DISH Network, 11 April 2014 - 12:41 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...