Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV now offered in Hilton Hotels

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,479 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:20 AM

The other night we stayed in a Hampton Inn, in New York, and noticed that the TV was DirecTV. Then today I found this press release about it.

Press Release.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:25 AM

Makes sense. A full service hotel should be complimented with a full service satellite TV provider.

• loudo likes this

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#3 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,344 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:37 AM

Yet the last Hilton I stayed in charged $12.99 per night for WiFi and the speed was so slow, I couldn't use OOH.

#4 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,874 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:53 AM

Some Hilton hotels have been using the DIRECTV Residential Experience for some time, but the press release doesn't mean they all are now; it means they reached an agreement so Hilton franchisees can get a better price on the service.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,097 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

This would be nice. I stayed in a hotel over Christmas and was excited when I saw a DirecTV remote. It got slightly less so when I saw the D12 next to the HD flat panel.

#6 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 817 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:33 AM

I was in a DoubleTree in Atlanta over spring break, and when I was flipping channels I saw a DirecTV cinema ad. I then tuned to what was listed as the Weather Channel and sure enough, it was Weather Nation. It wasn't a residential experience setup, it was a SMATV system (in HD!).

DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#7 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,479 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

In the Hampton Inn that we were in, there was no guide, but a page in the hotel book telling where the channels were. The remote was one for the TV and not a DirecTV remote.You knew it was DirecTV by the logo on the screen when you turned it on.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#8 OFFLINE   SamC

SamC

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

I stayed in a Hilton Garden Inn in West Lafayette, IN last fall, and it had DirecTV in full HD with an H25 receiver.  It was very welcome as the reception was, of course, perfect, the channel lineup superior, and the channel numbers (excepting the locals) familiar.  Same set up at a Hampton Inn in suburban Atlanta a couple of months ago.

I certainly would, everything else being equal, take a Hilton brand over others due to this.

BTW, if you get Hilton's loyality card and get to the "silver" level (easy to obtain) the internet is free.

#9 OFFLINE   woj027

woj027

Icon

• Registered
  • 839 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

I stayed at a wyndam hotel (not timeshare) and they had directv. It looked like a c-41 box but new peanut remote was slightly different tha current one

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#10 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,631 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

BTW, if you get Hilton's loyality card and get to the "silver" level (easy to obtain) the internet is free.

Internet should always be free.

• loudo likes this
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#11 OFFLINE   BosFan

BosFan

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts
  • LocationAltoona, WI

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:56 PM

Recently returned from a Florida trip, stayed at a Disney resort, a Courtyard and a Holiday Inn. All had DirecTV and HDTVs in the rooms but the only thing in HD were the local stations. All TVs were on coax into the wall, no boxes. Not that I went on vacation to watch TV but I do wish they would get their HD act together.

As far as internet access, yes it should come with the room and it boggles me that the higher the price the hotel the more they charge for it, either way it's terribly slow compared to home.

Living room: Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30, HR23-700, Sony BDP-N460, Yamaha HTR-6140, Harmony 700
Family room: Vizio SV421XVT, HR24-500, Sony PlayStation 3, Yamaha R-7, Harmony 700
Bedroom: Vizio VA26L, HR21-200
SL-3, DECA, Whole-Home DVR, DTV since 4/09

Life isn’t like a box of chocolates…it’s more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your *** tomorrow.
---Author Unknown

#12 OFFLINE   prushing

prushing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

I travel all the time and I've only seen a box maybe 2 times. I stay in Hilton brands and most are DTV but you can't tell unless you see a searching for signal or some other error. Now with weather nation it makes it easy.

I wish DTV would offer a standard package and stop them from removing channels and keep the same channel #s.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#13 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

I stayed in a Hilton Garden Inn in West Lafayette, IN last fall, and it had DirecTV in full HD with an H25 receiver.  It was very welcome as the reception was, of course, perfect, the channel lineup superior, and the channel numbers (excepting the locals) familiar.  Same set up at a Hampton Inn in suburban Atlanta a couple of months ago.

I certainly would, everything else being equal, take a Hilton brand over others due to this.

where you able to get in market RSN feeds + alts there?

most places with the SMATV don't have the RSN's alts and can't handle ESPN blackouts where you need to tune the ESPN alt feeds.

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#14 OFFLINE   jagrim

jagrim

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

I've found DTV receivers, mostly H25‘s, in several of the Hilton family hotels that I have stayed in the last 1-1/2 years. Most have been in Hampton Inns but have also found in Hilton Garden Inn's. I really like not having to look at a paper guide to know what channel I need to find, with the exception of local channels.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

Protected By... spam firewall...And...