Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NHL Race For The Cup package

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   adunkle

adunkle

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

Hello Fellow Members,

I get the NHL Center Ice package every year on Dish. This year, the package ended early and Dish wanted me to pay another $49.98 for the Race for the Cup package. I can't find information about the Center Ice ending early. They were kind enough to let me have it so I'm not complaining. I would just like to know for next year.

Thank you for your input.

Aaron Dunkle

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,322 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

Not sure what you mean by it ended early.  I have DirecTV, but the NHL CI, as defined the the NHL, is a regular season package.  I had CI (on DirecTV though), from 1998 until this season. Are you sure the $49.98 package they're offering isn't the 1/2 season price they typically offer each season after the All-star/Olympic break?

#3 OFFLINE   adunkle

adunkle

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

TRH,

I was thinking the same thing you were. Dish insists that Race for the Cup is separate. They wanted me to pay for the final week.

#4 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,322 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

In the 14 years I had CI, it never ended a week before the regular season. Have you tried to contact the DIRT on this site? I'd call Dish tomorrow and elevate it up to the highest level you can. Good luck. I recorded the Pens/Wing game tonight and hope to watch it tomorrow while traveling.

#5 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:22 PM

Wait are you saying they want you to pay extra for the last week or two of center ice? That's ridiculous.

#6 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,322 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:07 AM

Wait are you saying they want you to pay extra for the last week or two of center ice? That's ridiculous.

That is exactly what he is saying.

Edited by trh, 10 April 2014 - 04:07 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,705 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

Sounds strange. NHL Center Ice ends when the last game of the regular season ends, not a few weeks before.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...