Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper 866 EHD Error? Any hope for a fix?

Hopper Sling 866

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cptnjim

cptnjim

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:35 PM

Does anyone know if there is any hope in fixing the 866 Error that is preventing me from accessing the content on my EHD that I transferred from my 622 receiver and now can't access on my Hopper w/sling due to the 866 error that comes up and offers to format my External Hard Drive.  I have had this problem since my upgrade over 6 months ago and it seems like this problem has existed with other customers for years.  So far dish network has done nothing to help.  Is there any hope for a fix in the future? 

Jim

Edited by cptnjim, 11 April 2014 - 02:35 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 383 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

Contact one of the DIRT members listed here http://www.dbstalk.c...ct-information/. They should be able to help you.

• cptnjim likes this

#3 OFFLINE   cptnjim

cptnjim

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

Thanks for the info.  I have send a message to the people on that list and hopefully one of them will be able to help.    :righton:

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,918 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

if you're little familiar with  Linux (just boot it from CD w/out install to HDD), connect clean EHD what is accepting by H2 and your 622's EHD and do copy of a folder(s) - (search here for "DishArc" keyword)

#5 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:00 AM

Did you connect your EHD to your Hopper prior to it pushing live TV and being activated? 

#6 OFFLINE   cptnjim

cptnjim

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:55 PM

I'm thinking the EHD was not connected to the Hopper prior to it being activated.  I had the local installers who handled the upgrade connect the new receiver and I have a feeling they didn't plug in the EHD and I had to do so after they activated my new receiver.  If that is where the problem came from, do you think it might work to have Dish Temporarily deactivate my receiver, wait 15 or 20 minutes, then reactivate it again with the EHD Attached?  Would that do anything? 

#7 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,918 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

it would be easy to ask them send a "hit", eg re-activated EHD feature

#8 OFFLINE   cptnjim

cptnjim

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

They already have sent multiple re-hits over the past 6 months without any change. 

#9 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,918 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

do you need to preserve recording on the EHD ? make a copy using Linux

#10 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,918 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

oh ! someone did manage to recognize his EHD - read here http://www.dbstalk.c...n/#entry3249121

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hopper, Sling, 866

Protected By... spam firewall...And...