Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

siriusxm and dish music channels on dish network

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Registered
  • 414 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:15 AM

do you think there should be more siriusxm and dish music channels on dish network?such as velvet,silk,mandatory metallica and the village,a rockabilly,a christian rock,a polka channel would be great on the dish music channels.

Thanks

Allen bluegras

Illinois 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mwdxer

mwdxer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 271 posts
  • LocationSeaside Oregon

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:11 PM

I wish we had the news and talk channels on Sirius XM on Dish.

#3 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,909 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

As far as Sirius - if it isn't a music channel on the Sirius satellite service (not a stream only channel, not an XM channel, but a Sirius music channel) don't waste another word expecting it to appear on DISH. What we have is a sampler ... if you want more channels subscribe to Sirius or XM.

As far as the DISH music channels - these are from the Musak service intended to be used by businesses on their PA systems. I would not expect any changes in the lineup. The content is driven by the businesses, not DISH. Businesses that want something different can subscribe to Internet delivered versions of the Musak service.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#4 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 414 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

we are missing the following musak channels enviomental,moodscapes,uptown,belissimo,metro,the circuit,ambrosia,stylus,perimeter.

#5 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,138 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:39 AM

Do you want higher bills? That would get it!

Edited by Paul Secic, 14 April 2014 - 09:35 AM.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#6 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,909 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:32 PM

we are missing the following musak channels enviomental,moodscapes,uptown,belissimo,metro,the circuit,ambrosia,stylus,perimeter.

Some of the channels are on DISH ...
920 Environmental (Musak Only)
928 Moodscapes
932 Metro (Musak Only)
965 Ambrosia

DISH also has the following (exclusive to Musak)
921 Reflections (Musak Only)
922 Foreground Music One (Musak Only)
942 Toned (Musak Only)
948 Destinations (Musak Only)
949 Musak 2 (Musak Only)

If you want additional Musak channels get a Musak subscription. Some channels have always been exclusive to Musak subscribers.
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#7 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 414 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

has musak ever thought of creating a polka,rockabilly or a christian rock station these would be perfect for us.

#8 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,909 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

Musak is not for us. It is for their paying customers.

#9 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 414 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

could we see new siriusxm music channels in the future?i understand what you are talking about muzak.

#10 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,909 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

If Sirius changes their satellite music lineup then DISH will follow. Three important words: Sirius (not XM), satellite (not streaming), music (not talk). Those changes will be driven by Sirius serving their subscribers. DISH does not control the content of the Sirius music channels.

#11 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:23 AM

so if siriusxm changes their lineup dish will change it too also.i hope they give us the online music channels also such as mandatory metallica and the village and the other ones also.

#12 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,138 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

As James said get a radio and subscribe!

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#13 OFFLINE   Slamminc11

Slamminc11

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

bluegras, do you not understand that you aren't going to get all the Sirius channels on Dish? It isn't a hard concept to grasp.

• sigma1914 likes this

#14 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 414 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

would dish willing to pick up the internet music stations i just wanted to know there is some room to add alot more music channels 

Thanks

Allen 

#15 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,909 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

No Allen, DISH will not be adding the Internet channels. Those are for people who subscribe directly to SiriusXM.

#16 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 414 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:40 AM

would you like for more music choices to listen to on siriusxm and muzak just an idea

#17 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,909 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

I have a SiriusXM subscription ... and I cannot suggest strongly enough that if you really want the additional channels you keep posting about in your repeated threads that you make the investment and get your own subscription.
  • Grampa67 likes this

#18 OFFLINE   Slamminc11

Slamminc11

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

would you like for more music choices to listen to on siriusxm and muzak just an idea

Dude seriously I have an idea...give it a freaking rest! You are going to get the same answer over here as you did over on Satelliteguys. What you have on your receiver now is what you are going to get. If you want more Sirius channel then spend some money and subscribe with Sirius.

#19 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

If Sirius changes their satellite music lineup then DISH will follow. Three important words: Sirius (not XM), satellite (not streaming), music (not talk). Those changes will be driven by Sirius serving their subscribers. DISH does not control the content of the Sirius music channels.

I got Sirius in my new car last year after having what Dish has given us for years.  The sound quality over Dish is superior to the Sirius radio for the exact same channel. 

As far as what Sirius channels we get on Dish versus what I get in the car, a few music channels are exclusive to Sirius (probably because they were from XM).  For example the NYC top 40 station "Z100" is only available on my Sirius radio.  OTOH many of those Spanish music channels are streaming/online channels (not on the car radio) on Sirius XM but we get then on Dish.So it's a trade-off.

The "40's on 4" channel is temporally "The Billy Joel Channel" (in case you did not already know) on both Dish and SXM.

As far as Christian music channels go, there are several on both Muzak ans SXM.  As far as a Polka channel goes...forgetaboutit! That will never happen.  Perhaps this channel exists somewhere on the net as a streaming service, but there is not enough popularity to make it available nationwide over any satellite platform.

Edited by Michael P, 22 April 2014 - 05:22 PM.

An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#20 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 414 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:16 PM

who would like to see more siriusxm music channels if you do not know by now that Y2kountry,utopia and Venus will be added to the satellites on july 17th.do you think dish network will carry these music channels.also i wanted to ask you folks when do you think we could see Showtime,Flix and The Movie Channel Ondemand channels being added to our lineup.any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Allen bluegras

Illinois

Protected By... spam firewall...And...