Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

siriusxm and dish music channels on dish network

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,787 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:34 PM

Please see July 17th, 2014 Channel Changes in the Sirius XM General Discussion forum.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

who would like to see more siriusxm music channels if you do not know by now that Y2kountry,utopia and Venus will be added to the satellites on july 17th.do you think dish network will carry these music channels.also i wanted to ask you folks when do you think we could see Showtime,Flix and The Movie Channel Ondemand channels being added to our lineup.any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Allen bluegras

Illinois

If any of these new channels are replacing "old" channels that were on Dish I suspect that the new channel will be on Dish. It's no different than when several old video channels "rebranded" themselves (i.e. Esquire).

As to the on demand channels, if you have a DVR hooked up to broadband you should be getting them now (that is if you subscribe to the associated premium channel).

Edited by Michael P, 11 July 2014 - 01:53 PM.

An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#23 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 397 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:02 PM

looks like we are not getting y2kountry or utopia i would contact DIRT and request them to add these channels to our lineup.

Allen Culver

Illinois 

#24 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,787 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:17 PM

The EPG has Venus replacing Top 20 on 20 (6003) and "Important News" replacing Pops (6075) at 4am ET.
The Important News EPG notes "SiriusXM Pops will be included in SiriusXM Symphony Hall (ch. 6076) line up as of July 17."

The flip between 6056 and 6059 is not noted in the EPG.
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#25 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 397 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:25 PM

james i was listening to channel 75 and it now sounds like y2kountry is  on that channel which used to be pops.

#26 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,787 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:52 PM

james i was listening to channel 75 and it now sounds like y2kountry is  on that channel which used to be pops.

Yep ... that isn't Bach.
My SiriusXM radio in my car has updated with the new channels. I suspect we will see an Uplink Report sometime overnight for whatever DISH is doing.

#27 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 397 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:21 AM

on channel 75 it is y2kountry no artist or song or logo yet,on 40s on 4 the billie joel logo is still there,on the highway there are no song tities artist titles same thing with viva this is all on the siriusxm app.can someone from DIRT please get this corrected i sure appreciate it very much.it would be nice to have UTOPIA added also.is there room on that siriusxm music app to add more channels.

Thanks

Allen 

#28 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,787 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

Dish just flipped the country stations ...

4 changes seen 7/17/14 at 2:21pm ET (v23)

Channels Moved
6056 SXM56 Sirius/XM Willie's Roadhouse moved from TP 17 to TP 18 at 119° (Audio)
6059 SXM59 Sirius/XM The Highway moved from TP 18 to TP 17 at 119° (Audio)

Other Changes
6056 SXM56 Sirius/XM Willie's Roadhouse 72.7° TP 7 Audio - EPG Change (Reference EPG linked to 119° TP 18 Ch 6056 instead of 119° TP 17 Ch 6056)
6059 SXM59 Sirius/XM The Highway 72.7° TP 7 Audio - EPG Change (Reference EPG linked to 119° TP 17 Ch 6059 instead of 119° TP 18 Ch 6059)

9454 Channels

#29 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 397 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:27 PM

what they need to do it to move y2kountry from 75 to channel 57 so they way it will be with the rest of the country stations and then add utopia to the lineup also.

Thanks

allen

#30 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,787 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

Well, they have the song titles right on 6075. Perhaps there is hope.

#31 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 397 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

if they can move to channel 57 that will be great and add the song titiles and the logo everything will be allright i wonder if they have room to put on utoplia and then add the groove also.

#32 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:41 PM

Yep ... that isn't Bach.
My SiriusXM radio in my car has updated with the new channels. I suspect we will see an Uplink Report sometime overnight for whatever DISH is doing.

Well that explains the update that kept me from listening for a minute when I started the car this morning.  I presumed the update had something to do with Opie & Anthony, but that channel still has the same logo.

#33 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,787 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

Hmmm ... the logos are correct on my receiver, but for a channel that DISH is not carrying it is strange that there is a Y2Kountry logo on 6075 (99-75). :scratch: :scratch:

#34 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:57 PM

If you have both E* and SXM you can compare the Y2Kountry on SXM to 6075 (99-75 on Hoppers).  I bet it's the same program.  Just like when Billy Joel took over 40's on 4. 

#35 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,787 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

New Uplinks / Mappings - Channels Available
6057 SXM57 Sirius/XM Y2Kountry added to 119° TP 18 (Audio) AVAILABLE Subchannel Mapdown 99-57
6057 SXM57 Sirius/XM Y2Kountry added to 72.7° TP 7 (Audio) AVAILABLE EPG linked to 119° TP 18 Ch 6057 - Subchannel Mapdown 99-57

#36 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 397 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

now what they need to do is add the groove channel 50,Utopia channel 55 and pop2k channel 10 to our lineup they still have more room for more music channels.

Thanks

Allen bluegras

Protected By... spam firewall...And...