Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

31-11-45

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   crazyktee

crazyktee

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:17 PM

I came home from work and the satellite kept going in and out...figured it was because it was so windy...then I got to thinking it was windy this winter and didn't have a problem...now no satellite and I get signal code 31-11-45...have never had this particular problem...Although the first 3 years we had dish we had nothing but problem and after several techs came out we finally got someone smart enough to change the receiver...what would make me get this signal code? I checked to see if we had a signal and got all green ok's...and if it is the receiver. ..how long do these last? Because I've only had this one approximately 2 years...have had no storms

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 334 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:18 AM

From "some guy" (he really deserves the credit):

Your receiver is trying to communicate with your outside equipment and 3 indicates no response received.

The next number is your satellite signal lock status, and 1 indicates lost lock.

The next 1 indicates that you are not experiencing a signal issue.

The next 1 indicates that YES, your receiver has been reset prior to the signal code appearance.

The next step is a device check and the 4 is telling you that there is no reply. By device check I mean your switch matrix is being checked.

The final number is again a check with outside equipment. The number 5 indicates that because no response was receiver can't check the peripheral port on the LNB.

Short version, I would start by checking your install and cabling etc. You can test your receiver at your friends but be sure to run a check switch but odds are, you need a technician.

#3 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

I came home from work and the satellite kept going in and out...figured it was because it was so windy...then I got to thinking it was windy this winter and didn't have a problem...now no satellite and I get signal code 31-11-45...have never had this particular problem...Although the first 3 years we had dish we had nothing but problem and after several techs came out we finally got someone smart enough to change the receiver...what would make me get this signal code? I checked to see if we had a signal and got all green ok's...and if it is the receiver. ..how long do these last? Because I've only had this one approximately 2 years...have had no storms

crazyktee,

I am happy to help you with this issue today, is there a 3 digit code on the top right of the message like 015 or 002?

There can be a few different things that can cause this message. There can be lose connections from the TV, receiver and to the wall or the dish has been bumped or moved.

Please press the buttons of; Menu/6/1/1, what are you getting for the satellite and the signal strength?

Thanks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...