Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Upgrading x3 HR22-100 to SWM / MRV

HR22-100 SWM OTA

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Don1967

Don1967

• Registered
  • 5 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:19 PM

Hello,

I was looking for some advice about upgrading my three HR22-100's to a SWM system.  I also want to use my outside antenna, and have all the units conected to internet. 

So far I have:

DirecTV SWM8 Multiswitch w/power supply

DirecTV 8-way Wide Band Splitter for SWM LNB

DirecTV Broadband DECA Ethernet to Coax Adapter

I also have x3 DirecTV Receiver DECA (DECAA1MR01) Gen 1 white

x3 DirecTV Broadband DECA (DCA2SR0) Gen 2 black with power supply.    I know that I need to use one of these on each receiver, but I keep getting different answers on which to use. 

I still need a Diplexer for each receiver / tv to spilt ant/sat signal.

So I need to know which DECA to use and if there is anything else that I have missed?  Any help is appreciated and if anyone has pic's or a link show wiring hook ups.

Thanks

Don

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,659 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

I'm assuming you have a WB86 switch and 2 coax to each 22.  You'll only need 1 coax so you can use the second for OTA - no diplexers on either.

Either of the DECA modules will work with the new SWiM LNB.  (and remove any BBCs.)  The DECAs connect to SAT1 and don't need Power supplies.  Connect the Ethernet pig-tail to the top network port.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,559 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

I still need a Diplexer for each receiver / tv to spilt ant/sat signal.

can't diplex with DECA/MRV.  must use separate cables.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   Don1967

Don1967

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

I have a 4 cables comming from dish and one from OTA that will go into 8 ch SWM.  Then from SWM box into SWM splitter then into the DECAs.  Is that right, I have not hooked up yet.  I just want to make sure I have everything.  So why does the white DECA have no power supply and the black one does?  I also thought I need the diplexer to seperate the two signals and one go into tv the other for sat.  That way if Sat is out from bad weather I can change tv input to air and watch tv.

#5 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,559 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:25 PM

the black DECAs that you have are known as CCK or DECA BB, basically they are made to be used to bridge your internet to the DirecTV system.  but you can use them as "regular" DECAs without the power supply.  Although the SWM8 has an OTA port, it can't be used if you se coax for networking, you will need separate coax at each receiver for OTA and satellite 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#6 OFFLINE   Don1967

Don1967

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:57 PM

I want all 3 reeivers to be on the network, so use the DECA BB's  with power supply on all three right?  Since I am switching to SWM, I'll have 3 extra lines already outside for OTA then, I have 6 right now comming into the house 2 for each box so I can split them up and that should work fine.  Execpt for one line it will have to be used for power port unless I run another one.

#7 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,486 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:22 PM

I want all 3 reeivers to be on the network, so use the DECA BB's  with power supply on all three right?

No.  You will connect 3 DECA's to your receivers without the power supply.  You need to connect a 4th DECA to 1) a power supply, 2) a coax cable coming from the splitter connected to your SWM 8 and 3) An Ethernet cable connected to your router.  This 4th DECA BB will Pull the Internet into your SWM network.  The other three DECA's will split the Internet & MRV signals from the SWM network into the coax and Ethernet that goes to your DVR's.

#8 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:31 PM

DirecTV 8-way Wide Band Splitter for SWM LNB

It also wouldn't hurt matters if you change this to a 4-way. (since you only have 3 receivers + CCK) Not necessary though if you do not want to.

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#9 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,559 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:13 PM

I want all 3 reeivers to be on the network, so use the DECA BB's with power supply on all three right? Since I am switching to SWM, I'll have 3 extra lines already outside for OTA then, I have 6 right now comming into the house 2 for each box so I can split them up and that should work fine. Execpt for one line it will have to be used for power port unless I run another one.

Correct, at each location use one for satellite and one for OTA. you can use any of the 3 that are satellite for the PI or you can run a dedicated line for the PI. You will need one more coax at the router location for CCK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#10 OFFLINE   Don1967

Don1967

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

So I made this to have something to go by, the only thing I left off is OTA.  I am running other lines for that.  The splitter I have is a 8 way, I know the drawing shows 5 outs.  So does this look right or did I miss something?

Thanks for the help.

Don

Attached Thumbnails

• SWM set up.jpg

#11 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,559 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

Yep, that sketch is spot on.  only thing left is to terminate unused ports with 75ohm terminators at the PI and splitters 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#12 OFFLINE   Don1967

Don1967

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:35 PM

Thanks for the help :righton:

Don

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HR22-100, SWM, OTA

Protected By... spam firewall...And...