Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Movie Reviews--Just My Opinion

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,395 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

I've been watching a lot of movies lately and I thought I'd share, perhaps save some of you from some really poor movies and point out some really good movies.  Just my opinions.

Yesterday I watched Grudge Match starring De Niro and Stallone.  I really enjoyed it.  Both actors turned in very good performances.  I was kinda surprised at how good it was.  Gave it 5 stars.

Couple days ago I watched Thor: The Dark World.  Kinda felt like something was missing.  Gave it 3 stars.

I guess I should explain the ratings.  I've rated almost 700 movies on NF and they run from one star (hated it) to five stars (loved the living daylights out of it).  

Saw Out of the Furnace.  Liked it, didn't like the ending.  Gave it four stars.  Worth watching.

Made the mistake of watching Winter's Bone.  Thought it was terrible, one star.  Dismal movie. 

Back to Stallone and Escape Plan with Arnold.  Enjoyed it.  Gave it 4 stars.

Saw The Purge, liked it gave it 5 stars.  Sequel to follow soon.

Next up, American Hustle.  Nothing like what I expected.  Gave it 2 stars.  Really disappointing.

12 Years A Slave.  Wow!  What a disturbing movie!  Gave it 5 stars.  This is really a must see flick.

Captain Phillips.  I didn't think I'd like this, but it's really good, surprisingly good.  5 stars.

Here's a movie that nobody will miss, I think.  The Last Days On Mars.  Terrible.  1 star.  I was looking forward to this one and watched it just after Gravity.  Hard to decide which one was worse. Gravity got 1 star too.  What was all the publicity about?   

Enough for now, I'll put more up soon.

Rich

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,504 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

Of all the Oscar nominated movies, American Hustle was the one I liked the least. But Gravity is one of my all time favorites. I'm a space nut however and very few movies get as much right as that one. I haven't watched the Blu ray however, I saw it on IMAX.

#3 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 21,395 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:17 AM

Of all the Oscar nominated movies, American Hustle was the one I liked the least. But Gravity is one of my all time favorites. I'm a space nut however and very few movies get as much right as that one. I haven't watched the Blu ray however, I saw it on IMAX.

Christian Bale played an odd part in American Hustle, I thought.  The part where he was fixing his hair looked real, that surprised me.  

I usually like space movies too, but that one just didn't grab me.  Imax might have been an entirely different experience.  

Rich

Protected By... spam firewall...And...