Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HopView MultiChannel-a great waste of Technology

Hopper Issue Request

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,866 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:34 AM

Just to be the fly in the ointment...

Putting the "what's hot" channels into the mix seems like an odd thing to me.

Consider...

You get on the "what's hot" list by being the most heavily viewed channels...  so if you're already "hot" you need the exposure on the multichannel view less than a less "hot" channel, don't you?

I would actually propose the inverse...  take the least hot channels and put them into the multichannel view to help "sell" some of those channels to a new audience.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 931 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:45 AM

THANK YOU DISH-
Today they have the NEWS MIX ON.  I am happy.  This was at 9AM when I watch all the news.  It did have ESPN in one of the boxes, but close enough.  ESPN was showing Sports news at the time so I guess that counts.

THANK YOU DISH-
Today they have the NEWS MIX ON. I am happy. This was at 9AM when I watch all the news. It did have ESPN in one of the boxes, but close enough. ESPN was showing Sports news at the time so I guess that counts.

"We need more power Scotty" Kirk

#23 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 931 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:48 AM

We are making great progress on making this channel usable. Dish is listening to us.
We are almost there. Just need a few more tweaks.
-
1. When doing the News Mix channel we need MSBC on there instead of ESPN, ESPN is sports. MSNBC is news. ALso CNBC does not show news on weekends (showing infomercials now) can we please add one of the other international channels that we all get?
-
2. Need to put in the guide what kind of mix is going on right now. News, Kids, HBO, General cable. That way we dont tune to it if we are not interested in it.
-
3. Schedule. I suggest,
-
News Mix 6am to 11am every day including Sat and Sunday plus during any national breaking news like Hurricains, tornado outbreaks, and also international events
-
Kids mix- Mon-Fri in afternoons
-
Sports mix- Sat and Sundays afternoons
-
General mix- after 7pm every day
-
HBO, Starz, Show Mix- only durring free previews

#24 OFFLINE   AlienBeans

AlienBeans

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

Forget all this time altered rotation.   What dish needs to do is give US the ability to change those channels individually and leave them alone.  Or at least give us the option of having it rotate or user control to set individual channels.    As it stands now, the multi channel view doesn't do me any good at all.

#25 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 931 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

Agree, this is just nor working out.
Dish was trying sooo hard, they tried a news mix and sports mix and kids mix all at different times of the day, but it tends to just confuse everyone.
They need to make it simple.
I say sports mix all weekend
News mix all other days.
Kids dont know how to use it so dump the kids mix.
Better yet lets just have 3 searate mix channels like directv once did.

Edited by scottchez, 11 August 2014 - 07:23 PM.

#26 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

The channels is not only unusable, it is unnecessary.

I know which channels I like to watch, I know the channel numbers, I ncan build my own favorites list if I want to.

USELESS.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#27 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 931 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

Based on feed back from here and other forums it sounds like no one is ever using this channel as it changes too much.
Also The channel is taking up valuable HD space fix this issue or remove it to add a new HD channel.

I now think they just need to make it so people will use it. If people do not use it they should remove it. I am sure dish has channel usage stats on internet connected box.
Dish please do this
-News mix 24x7 every day except make it Sports mix Sat and Sunday only from 11am CT to 11PM
Also when its in news mix mode it has one ESPN channel This is not a news channel add a news channel

Edited by scottchez, 13 August 2014 - 07:55 PM.

#28 OFFLINE   britrail26

britrail26

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWest Central Indiana

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

AlienBeans and Mike.H_DISHNetwork have the best suggestion: Make the channels user-selectable. That would be a useful tool for each person whenever they wanted to use it. If I was happy with someone telling me what to watch, I'd be watching over the air broadcasts instead of shelling out for a broad range of services from Dish.

#29 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,258 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:58 PM

With the way that channels are delivered via satellite (a group of channels per transponder with different channels on different transponders) one would only be able to choose from channels on a single transponder to make their own mix. Mixing channels from multiple transponders would take multiple tuners. At best DISH would be able to offer a selection of six of ~30 SD channels on a transponder (assuming MPEG4) but that would burn an entire transponder for a single channel. A transponder that could be used for nine new HD channels.

Would you rather have your choice of 30 channels on a mix channel or more HD? I believe most people would choose the more HD.

I like the concept of a "choose your own mix" and would not mind seeing more mix channels for different genres ... but if mix channels get in the way of new HD they are counterproductive.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#30 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 931 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:10 AM

They way the software works for BOTH Dish and DirectV is they have a channel that has the 6 channels on it.  This is  ONE channel.

then the software loads and provides the switching of the sound as you move around boxes.  It can also block ot a box if you dont sub to it.

Since this ALL takes a channel it is not possible to provide every combination.

After reading all the comments most would rather have MORE HD .

Here is what DIsh need to do.

*********DISH hope you read this as you are waisting bandwidth as everyone is so confused,  you cant use this channel as it is now********

1.  Keep the schedual the same every day so we are not confused.  It changes so much that once a person goes to it and its not what you wanted you NEVER COME BACK.

It is a waist of bandwidth

2.  Use this schedual

News Mix Every Day   6am to 11am

Sports Mix Every Day  11am to 6PM

Misc Cable Mix Every Day    6PM to 6am

Better yet  switch to a SD version of the Mix channels so you can put 7 new mix channels up for the same bandwidth as the one HD vesion.  the boxes are so small anyway tht SD or HD does not matter.

Then have 7 different mix channels full time.

Edited by scottchez, 28 August 2014 - 10:10 AM.

#31 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 931 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

***BREADKING NEWS***

Dish must of listen,  they just added a full time sports mix channel called Colloge sports mix.  Its in the guide next to the ESPN channels.

Bad news is I was watching  channel 100 the new Mix and they switched it over to some kind general cable mix  I wish they would keep the schedual the same.  This is so confusing.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...