Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HopView MultiChannel-a great waste of Technology

Hopper Issue Request

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,461 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:34 AM

Just to be the fly in the ointment...

Putting the "what's hot" channels into the mix seems like an odd thing to me.

Consider...

You get on the "what's hot" list by being the most heavily viewed channels...  so if you're already "hot" you need the exposure on the multichannel view less than a less "hot" channel, don't you?

I would actually propose the inverse...  take the least hot channels and put them into the multichannel view to help "sell" some of those channels to a new audience.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 919 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:45 AM

THANK YOU DISH-
Today they have the NEWS MIX ON.  I am happy.  This was at 9AM when I watch all the news.  It did have ESPN in one of the boxes, but close enough.  ESPN was showing Sports news at the time so I guess that counts.

THANK YOU DISH-
Today they have the NEWS MIX ON. I am happy. This was at 9AM when I watch all the news. It did have ESPN in one of the boxes, but close enough. ESPN was showing Sports news at the time so I guess that counts.

"We need more power Scotty" Kirk

#23 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 919 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:48 AM

We are making great progress on making this channel usable. Dish is listening to us.
We are almost there. Just need a few more tweaks.
-
1. When doing the News Mix channel we need MSBC on there instead of ESPN, ESPN is sports. MSNBC is news. ALso CNBC does not show news on weekends (showing infomercials now) can we please add one of the other international channels that we all get?
-
2. Need to put in the guide what kind of mix is going on right now. News, Kids, HBO, General cable. That way we dont tune to it if we are not interested in it.
-
3. Schedule. I suggest,
-
News Mix 6am to 11am every day including Sat and Sunday plus during any national breaking news like Hurricains, tornado outbreaks, and also international events
-
Kids mix- Mon-Fri in afternoons
-
Sports mix- Sat and Sundays afternoons
-
General mix- after 7pm every day
-
HBO, Starz, Show Mix- only durring free previews
"We need more power Scotty" Kirk

spam firewall