Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

External ad links

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,047 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

I can't remember how to disable the vigi links that are generated by the forum software. Is there a way?

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,122 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:12 AM

Hi...Their is not a way to disable them.  A long time ago their was as it was a hack that was made in the old software.  But that was a long time back.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#3 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

One of our mods reminded me...

Individuals can opt out of the service ...

https://www.viglink.com/opt-out

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#4 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 502 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:34 AM

Doesnt that rely on Cookies buddy?? (Im just thinking if someone goes here and OPTS OUT then clears cookies they will see the links again)

#5 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:35 AM

Doesnt that rely on Cookies buddy?? (Im just thinking if someone goes here and OPTS OUT then clears cookies they will see the links again)

I just tested and it is cookies based, correct. You would have to opt out again each time you clear cookies in your browser.

#6 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

However it is not a DBSTALK cookie...so it would affect any site that uses Viglinks.  It would not messup your DBSTalk auto login.  Just mentioning that just in case that is what you were concerned with.

• sigma1914 likes this

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#7 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:00 PM

I'm hoping this solves the problem that I'm having with some boards in constantly getting this malware offer to "download the latest Windows 7 drivers" or install a new flash player.  I thought I had a virus on my machine but it's clean and I just this morning got an old PC out of mothballs (started seeing this behavior a couple weeks ago) from over a year ago and the same "please let us infect your system" ads came up.

#8 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:26 PM

Sorry to say that does not sound like a Viglinks issue, but something else you my have picked up somewhere.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#9 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 502 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:11 AM

I see alot of ppl on survivalistboards saying they have stuff like this happen also... (update.exe is one I have seen ppl say recently)

#10 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:02 AM

I'm also seeing the pages constantly refreshing here - that NEVER happened before.

#11 OFFLINE   Eva

Eva

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:00 PM

I'm also seeing the pages constantly refreshing here - that NEVER happened before.

Noticed that too.  I think something is just borked somewhere and not doing it intentionally like "another" forum.

Eva

Sometimes my train of thought leaves the station without me...

#12 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

Hi...I am not seeing this, nor should it be happening.  (I use Chrome for a browser.)  

Where are you seeing this (All pages, thread listing, in a thread)? What browser and have you tried another browser to check? (If you have one that would be nice.)

Refreshing pages to reload ads is actually a violation of almost any ad service which can get you terminated as a serving site.  I would not take the risk.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#13 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

djlong, 
What did you do in the way of scanning etc. to confirm your not infected?

If you haven't done so I would recommend downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware aka MBAM (make sure you download from https://www.malwarebytes.org/) and restart your computer into safe mode and then let the scan run and check for possible infections. And it may not be full on malware/virus but rather nasty adware etc.

Just a suggestion...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...