Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Billy Crystal 700 Sundays on HBO

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,568 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

Watching this now, any fans of his or standup, catch another showing. it's autobiographical, but hilarious and touching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,060 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

I set the DVR. I hope he does not fall into old characters like Robin Williams does. I get bored with the old stuff these days.

#3 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 13,568 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

The only characters he plays are of relatives. It's not a standup routine of jokes, though it is very funny or  manic like Williams. He's telling a story. Though he does have some Jewish jokes, etc. He actually did win a Tony award for this a few years ago.

It is rated TV-MA, there is some language and adult situations.

#4 OFFLINE   EdJ

EdJ

Legend

• Registered
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

The only characters he plays are of relatives. It's not a standup routine of jokes, though it is very funny or  manic like Williams. He's telling a story. Though he does have some Jewish jokes, etc. He actually did win a Tony award for this a few years ago.

It is rated TV-MA, there is some language and adult situations.

I have not seen the HBO special, but it sounds like the last book he put out, "Still Foolin' 'Em: Where I've Been, Where I'm Going, and Where the Hell Are My Keys?".  I got the audio book version and listened to it a few months ago while we were on a road trip,  It just cracked us up.  Great book and comedian,

#5 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,382 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

Thanks for the notice; have set the recording (not a series, is it?), and look forward to it. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#6 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 13,568 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:17 AM

It's not a series, they recorded a performance. There are parts of his childhood where I'm envious. Billy Holliday taking him to a movie as a child?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Protected By... spam firewall...And...