Recently upgraded my system to 2 Hoppers and 3 Joeys. Only 1 Hopper is connected to the Internet/Ethernet. 2 Joeys are connect via Coax and 1 Joey is connected via Ethernet only. All functions work fine, except the Ethernet connected Joey can only see DVR recordings on the Hopper it is "linked" to; it does not give me the option to select the other Hopper from the DVR recordings screen like the other Joeys. I wondering if this is just a software limitation or a defect. Here are the details:
- Hopper 1 - Connected with Ethernet and bridging enabled; this is the Hopper that does PTA and all other recording
- Hopper 2 - No Ethernet connected; being used to gain 3 tuners (not used for any recording)
- Joey 1 - Connected via coax and linked to Hopper 2
- Joey 2 - Connected via coax and linked to Hopper 2
- Joey 3 - Connected via Ethernet (no coax) and linked to Hopper 2
On Joeys 1 and 2 I can press DVR on the remote and then select Hopper 1 so I can see PTA and all the recordings. However, Joey 3 does not give me the option to view the Hopper 1 recordings - the option is just not there when I press the DVR button. If I link Joey 3 to Hopper 1 then I see all the recordings on Hopper 1 (but do not have the option to view recordings on Hopper 2). My goal is to have all recording done on Hopper 1 while Hopper 2 is always free to support live TV on 3 TV's.
Thanks for any insight...