Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2 Hoppers, 3 Joeys - 1 Joey ethernet only

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:15 PM

Makes sense, since Ethernet/WiFi are not officially supported on the Joey. I'm just glad 99% of the functionality is there and that it works as well as MoCA.

2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey

1 ViP722k (separate account)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   hdcl

hdcl

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:38 PM

I have 2 Hoppers and 3 Joeys.  Only one Hopper is connected via Ethernet to my router and the rest of the devices can all access each other and on-demand content.  I have bridging enabled on the second Hopper.  When the installer originally setup the equipment, he insisted that both Hoppers needed to be Internet connected and put a wireless USB dongle on the second Hopper.  I found that this configuration caused way too many problems and after searching a few threads on this forum, ended up disconnecting the WiFi on the 2nd Hopper and just use the bridging function. 

#23 OFFLINE   electro22

electro22

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:39 AM

Just providing an update to my original post...this is now working!  Not sure when it started, but checked today and my Ethernet Joey can now see recordings from both Hoppers.  Thanks Dish!

#24 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

Just providing an update to my original post...this is now working!  Not sure when it started, but checked today and my Ethernet Joey can now see recordings from both Hoppers.  Thanks Dish!

Yup they fixed that about a month or so ago. They probably found the bug when writing the software for the Wireless Joey.

#25 OFFLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Registered
  • 586 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

This would make sense, because of the DISH Wireless Access Point will be able to talk to all Hoppers and Joeys, on a private network. While, at the same time, be able to obtain, over DHCP, IP addresses from one's home network. Effectively, the AP, as also a bridge.

Heard back from DIRT...  Sounds like this functionality will be fully supported only on the Wireless Joey (once its available) - no info on whether it will ever be supported on the current Joey.

#26 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

This would make sense, because of the DISH Wireless Access Point will be able to talk to all Hoppers and Joeys, on a private network. While, at the same time, be able to obtain, over DHCP, IP addresses from one's home network. Effectively, the AP, as also a bridge.

This feature now works on the regular Joeys as well.

Edited by 3HaloODST, 14 July 2014 - 12:40 PM.

spam firewall