Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Incorrect bill for third month in a row!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mynameisjason

mynameisjason

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

Back in early February (8th or 9th) I has having issues with my HR34. All was said and done a reset had to be done on D* end. Bill is posted on the 24th. I am being charged for the HD Extra Pack. Called D*, person I spoke with apologized but it back on for the 3 months, and offered HBO for free for three months. I took it. Now, this I understand whatever D* did on its end, the guy did say that it was resending authorization for usage (or something on those lines). So I can see a promo being overridden.

March 24th rolls around. HBO charge of $17.99 on my account. Called D*, person says I have three months free. Gives me the credit. Today rolls around. Again the same thing. HBO, $17.99. Really?! Called once again. This lady I spoke with kept trying to tell me the credit was on the account (it wasn't). I finally told her to cancel HBO, I really don't watch the channels, she tried to talk me out of it saying I had it until June. She finally cancels it. Log back onto my D* account. What do I see?  $17.39 credit for HBO disconnect.

It is all said and done now. Just ranting. How does this happen? The HD Extra Pack, no problems. Has said $0.00, but the HBO doesn't? How does that work?

Edited by mynameisjason, 24 April 2014 - 02:52 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

Back in early February (8th or 9th) I has having issues with my HR34. All was said and done a reset had to be done on D* end. Bill is posted on the 24th. I am being charged for the HD Extra Pack. Called D*, person I spoke with apologized but it back on for the 3 months, and offered HBO for free for three months. I took it. Now, this I understand whatever D* did on its end, the guy did say that it was resending authorization for usage (or something on those lines). So I can see a promo being overridden.

March 24th rolls around. HBO charge of $17.99 on my account. Called D*, person says I have three months free. Gives me the credit. Today rolls around. Again the same thing. HBO, $17.99. Really?! Called once again. This lady I spoke with kept trying to tell me the credit was on the account (it wasn't). I finally told her to cancel HBO, I really don't watch the channels, she tried to talk me out of it saying I had it until June. She finally cancels it. Log back onto my D* account. What do I see? $17.39 credit for HBO disconnect.

It is all said and done now. Just ranting. How does this happen? The HD Extra Pack, no problems. Has said $0.00, but the HBO doesn't? How does that work?

Are you looking at your bill or Recent activity?

Because programming credits are issued a few days before your bill is released.
This would not reflect on your recent activity once your bill is released. But your statements will show a charge, but the very next section will give a list of credits.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Blue Ridge Communticatons

HD Basic Plus, HBO, Cinemax,Starz /Encore

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Livingroom Samsung 6030,55 inch

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Master Bedroom,Samsung 5300 40 inch

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2

Tivo Mini Bedroom 3

Cisco HD ,Bedroom office 4

Basic Plus analog Bedroom 5 and 6

G15 Internet

#3 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

And for that reason I always look at the bill, for the most part it's fine,   but lately there been mistakes especially credits not being shown,  And I keep track of the months of when they expire,   I know it had to do with that glitch billing issues earlier that some had on certain billing cycles,   Also they've charge me shipping fee for replacement on PP,  but they credit back.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#4 OFFLINE   pinkertonfloyd

pinkertonfloyd

Legend

• Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

And for that reason I always look at the bill, for the most part it's fine,   but lately there been mistakes especially credits not being shown,  And I keep track of the months of when they expire,   I know it had to do with that glitch billing issues earlier that some had on certain billing cycles,   Also they've charge me shipping fee for replacement on PP,  but they credit back.

Just be sure to watch it... as I learned... if a credit goes missing for more than 60 days before you call in... you are SOL... even if it was their fault.

#5 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

That's why I always have a calculator handy, so I know what my bill would look like in advance  :biggrin: 

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...