Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Boolean search doesn't pickup any showings

Best Answer mrphil , 26 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

Go to the link in my signal and you will find a much much more update FAQ on booleans. ;)

And are you saying you set it and left it and it did not record? Or you set it and you haven't seen it populate yet?

Also are you sure it was high enough up your prioritized to not be a loser in a conflict with other shows?

As how many other booleans do you have set including sports searches via the genie sports search function?

I double flushed the guide and setup a new search recommended by Steve  MILLION DOLLAR LISTING TTITLE and that one appears to be working, populating with 2 new showings, the 30th and the following Wed as well.

I think it would help others if the FAQ was updated to show CCHANS.

I left the previous search set and it did not record.  There were no other shows on at the time to prevent recording.  Out of 95 in the series list, 12 of those are Boolean searches.  All of those with upcoming shows have been populating properly.

Thanks to all those who commented!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mrphil

mrphil

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:11 PM

Trying to setup advanced auto-record search for either Million Dollar Listing / Million Dollar Listing New York on Ch 237.  Neither or these are being picked up in the series manager.   Here's what my keyword search contains:

AALL MILLION DOLLAR LISTING CCHAN 237

I've also tried just the New York version since only new episodes are desired and the latter are all reruns at the moment:

AALL MILLION DOLLAR LISTING NEW YORK CCHAN 237

(After doing the keyword search, selecting auto-record, followed by new only)

(There was a new episode on last night (23rd) and another one coming on the evening of the 30th)

This is being performed on an HR44/500 running 0x808.

I have several other Boolean searches, all of  which work fine.

Can anyone comment on what I might be doing wrong?

(1) HR44-500 w/Ethernet / AM21 / Monsoon Vulkano 010410VL
USpeed AK-68UPSHDDS-BU Dock / WD30EURS 3TB Drive
(1) HR24-500 / Antec MX-1 Dock / WD20EVDS 2TB Drive
(2) C41-100 Clients / Monsoon Vulkano 010410VF

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,647 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

Trying to setup advanced auto-record search for either Million Dollar Listing / Million Dollar Listing New York on Ch 237.  Neither or these are being picked up in the series manager.   Here's what my keyword search contains:

AALL MILLION DOLLAR LISTING CCHAN 237

I've also tried just the New York version since only new episodes are desired and the latter are all reruns at the moment:

AALL MILLION DOLLAR LISTING NEW YORK CCHAN 237

(After doing the keyword search, selecting auto-record, followed by new only)

(There was a new episode on last night (23rd) and another one coming on the evening of the 30th)

This is being performed on an HR44/500 running 0x808.

I have several other Boolean searches, all of  which work fine.

Can anyone comment on what I might be doing wrong?

Could be because CCHAN should be CCHANS. I'd try:

million dollar listing CCHANS 237

That will only match the exact phrase "million dollar listing".

or you could just try: million dollar listing TTITLE

/steve

#3 OFFLINE   mrphil

mrphil

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

Could be because CCHAN should be CCHANS. I'd try:

million dollar listing CCHANS 237

That will only match the exact phrase "million dollar listing".

or you could just try: million dollar listing TTITLE

Not based upon this doc: http://hr20.dbstalk.... Search FAQ.pdf

I'm also using that command (CCHAN) on other shows, which all work fine.  I'm also wanting to limit the recording to just that channel, and not 'new' broadcasts which might show up on other networks.

For example:  AALL ST LOUIS CARDINALS LIVE CCHAN 671 672

selects all live Cardinals games on 671 (Fox Sports Midwest) as well as any of their other games on alternate channels when, say, Blues Hockey is being broadcast on 671, and the baseball game is on 671-1. (Fox Sports Midwest Plus)

#4 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,647 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:07 PM

Not based upon this doc: http://hr20.dbstalk.... Search FAQ.pdf

I'm also using that command (CCHAN) on other shows, which all work fine.  I'm also wanting to limit the recording to just that channel, and not 'new' broadcasts which might show up on other networks.

For example:  AALL ST LOUIS CARDINALS LIVE CCHAN 671 672

selects all live Cardinals games on 671 (Fox Sports Midwest) as well as any of their other games on alternate channels when, say, Blues Hockey is being broadcast on 671, and the baseball game is on 671-1. (Fox Sports Midwest Plus)

I'm pretty sure CCHAN was was changed to CCHANS since that FAQ was published. I remember editing this post at the time of the change. I'm not sure why your existing CCHAN search continues to work. They may have somehow "grandfathered" the old searches.

If you can give CCHANS a try, let us know if it works. If it does, maybe we can get that FAQ updated.

/steve

#5 OFFLINE   mrphil

mrphil

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

My bad...In checking all my recordings, I am using CCHAN for a single channel, which works fine on all except this example, and CCHANS for multiple or group of channels like 671 672 which covers all channels in between.  I will however try your suggestion and report back. It sometimes takes overnight to populate so I'll report back tomorrow.  Thanks

#6 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,338 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

In January 2013, Stuart said it still worked but was going to go away soon. Probably the biggest risk of using "undocumented" features.

http://www.dbstalk.c...sion/?p=3074795

#7 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:13 PM

All your boolean searches should use CCHANS whether its 1 channel or a range of channels, no matter what.  Some of us have been here doing this for many many years....you'll rarely ever get steered wrong by many of the frequent posters on this website.

Edited by CCarncross, 26 April 2014 - 06:15 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,893 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:31 PM

Go to the link in my signal and you will find a much much more update FAQ on booleans. ;)

And are you saying you set it and left it and it did not record? Or you set it and you haven't seen it populate yet?

Also are you sure it was high enough up your prioritized to not be a loser in a conflict with other shows?

As how many other booleans do you have set including sports searches via the genie sports search function?

#9 OFFLINE   mrphil

mrphil

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:14 PM   Best Answer

I double flushed the guide and setup a new search recommended by Steve  MILLION DOLLAR LISTING TTITLE and that one appears to be working, populating with 2 new showings, the 30th and the following Wed as well.

I think it would help others if the FAQ was updated to show CCHANS.

I left the previous search set and it did not record.  There were no other shows on at the time to prevent recording.  Out of 95 in the series list, 12 of those are Boolean searches.  All of those with upcoming shows have been populating properly.

Thanks to all those who commented!

#10 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,893 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

strange I swear that had been updated. I'll do it when I have a chance later next week. I think when I updated something else recently I did It with the old form. Sorry about that...

Sounds like everything else is doing good for you, so it was probably the cchans which means everyone needs to make sure and get rid of older cchan if they still have them. Also could have been bad guide data. That does screwy things to sometimes...

#11 OFFLINE   mrphil

mrphil

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

No problem.....that help file is a nice reference tool.  I plan on redoing several of my searches, including some consolidation when I get time to free up some space.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...