Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EHD causes reboots

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   4HiMarks

4HiMarks

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,312 posts
  • LocationLaurel, MD

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

I have an EHD with a lot of movies and such saved on it. Whenever I hook it up to my Hopper I get a messge that I have disconnected an device from "" (That's a pair of double quotes with nothing between them). Then the screen goes blank, and the Hopper reboots itself. If I leave the EHD connected, this behavior repeats. I have tried two different USB ports and the same thing happens. I have another drive which has no problem. Is there any hope for getting my content back?

Dish subscriber since 2000, HD since 2004.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 342 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:52 PM

I have an EHD with a lot of movies and such saved on it. Whenever I hook it up to my Hopper I get a messge that I have disconnected an device from "" (That's a pair of double quotes with nothing between them). Then the screen goes blank, and the Hopper reboots itself. If I leave the EHD connected, this behavior repeats. I have tried two different USB ports and the same thing happens. I have another drive which has no problem. Is there any hope for getting my content back?

Is this hard drive from a different receiver or was it recorded on this Hopper?  Is this hard drive on the same account?  How long has the Hopper been active, what version of software?

#3 OFFLINE   4HiMarks

4HiMarks

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,312 posts
  • LocationLaurel, MD

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

Is this hard drive from a different receiver or was it recorded on this Hopper?  Is this hard drive on the same account?  How long has the Hopper been active, what version of software?

Some content came from my old 622 and some was recorded from the Hopper. It used to work just fine on it. Same account. I don't recall how long it has been active, several years, at least. Software version is S431 NACB.

#4 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

Have you tried a cold reboot? Pull the plug.

#5 OFFLINE   4HiMarks

4HiMarks

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,312 posts
  • LocationLaurel, MD

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:12 AM

Reboot the Hopper or the EHD?

#6 OFFLINE   david_jr

david_jr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 415 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

I would try unplugging the Hopper and leave it unplugged for at least a minute then try your EHD again. 

#7 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 299 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

Reboot the Hopper or the EHD?

4HiMarks,

There are some things I would like to check and try to get this working for you if you’re still having the same issue. I want to send an Authorization Hit to help with this issue.

Would you please PM me with the phone number on the account to bring up the account?

Thanks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...