Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Genie recording more episodes than "keep at most"

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dbronstein

dbronstein

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

I have an HR 44. It often records more than the "keep at most" amount set in the series settings. Is anyone else having this problem?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:50 PM

While it may or may not be your issue, if you go into your playlist and mark or unmark shows to keep, I believe they get removed from the number....or if you choose any manual recordings of the same show......I believe that is what I witness on my devices, but I rarely use keep at most, its either all or nothng

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,559 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:53 PM

I have an HR 44. It often records more than the "keep at most" amount set in the series settings. Is anyone else having this problem?

how many more is recording?

if you have the default of "keep at most 5" the DVR will record 6.  when the sixth episode finish recording it will delete the oldest one.  

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,486 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:57 PM

I you have Whole Home and record on multiple DVR's, while it will appear that there are more than the maximum number of recordings on your playlist, that can be because some are from one DVR and others are from another DVR.

Aldo, if you have multiple series links for a program across multiple channels, it can appear this way too.

Edited by Bill Broderick, 01 May 2014 - 12:57 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 312 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

Also, if you have multiple series links for a program across multiple channels, it can appear this way too.

If you have series links for the same show but on 2 different channels, wouldn't that put them in 2 separate folders?  For example, if I had a link setup to record the new "The Big Bang Theory" episodes on my local CBS channel, and another link setup to record that same show's old, now syndicated episodes on TBS, wouldn't that be 2 separate folders?  I've never done anything like that before, so I don't know. 

DirecTV Customer Since 1997

#6 OFFLINE   Tisby

Tisby

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

If you have series links for the same show but on 2 different channels, wouldn't that put them in 2 separate folders?  For example, if I had a link setup to record the new "The Big Bang Theory" episodes on my local CBS channel, and another link setup to record that same show's old, now syndicated episodes on TBS, wouldn't that be 2 separate folders?  I've never done anything like that before, so I don't know. 

Nope, they all get tossed into the same folder.

#7 OFFLINE   dbronstein

dbronstein

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:30 PM

If the limit is 10, it might record 13. There aren't multiple series links on different channels, that was the first thing I checked. I only have one DVR. I don't do manual recordings of the shows. This is not including active recordings in the count.

#8 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,432 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:41 PM

On the DVR go into the more info of each recording and see if they all say they where recorded by the same series link.

#9 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,486 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:08 PM

If the limit is 10, it might record 13. There aren't multiple series links on different channels, that was the first thing I checked. I only have one DVR. I don't do manual recordings of the shows. This is not including active recordings in the count.

Are there any duplicate recordings of the same episode?  I've had occasions where a DVR starts a recording that fails for one reason or anohtera and then re-records the same episode at a later time or date.  It doesn't delete the original episode when it does this.  I wonder if they only condsider this one occurence in the "keep at most count".

#10 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,432 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:31 PM

Are there any duplicate recordings of the same episode? I've had occasions where a DVR starts a recording that fails for one reason or anohtera and then re-records the same episode at a later time or date. It doesn't delete the original episode when it does this. I wonder if they only condsider this one occurence in the "keep at most count".

Ah yes. That's possible too. Look to see if any show as partials. ;)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...