Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Access Card Dept - 3 Cheers & A lot Of Atta Boys!!!!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JohnQ

JohnQ

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 80 posts
  • LocationFreshwater Bay Washington

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:10 PM

Yep, they came through again!!!!!  Around 4/17 ordered a card for my last owned H25-100 plus deactivated a leased D12-100 (to be returned).  These cards have a 10 day cycle then they go dead & you have to essentially re-order and pay $20 again.  Well, 4/24 mail comes & goes without the access card showing up so I call the Access Card Dept & relate the "No Access Card in the Mail" problem.  In a very helpful & CONCERNED CUSTOMER CENTRIX attitude agreed it should have shown up in my mailbox (which is a extremely secure & safe mailbox).  Access Card Re-ordered another.  Spin forward to 4/29 & still no access card.  Call the Access Card dept again, explain "No Access Card in the Mail" problem happened again.  The Tech (Bless Him) said "Now That Is A Problem" & he will Fedex another (3rd) Access Card Overnight.  Fedex Showed up this morning access card in hand.

The new access card was in the Fedex envelop but no activation instructions, i.e., the Magic 1-800 Activation Number.  Put the new card in the H25, connected cables, powered up, H25 boots & gives me 771 err msg (4 attempts).  Relocated to a existing receiver, swapped them & still get the 771 err msg.  What to do, why call the CUSTOMER SERVICE KEEP THE CUSTOMER HAPPY Access Card Dept.  Again, Access Card Dept. Tech Cheerfully walks me through the solution & activates the card.

DirecTv really needs to recognize the Customer Service Value this group brings to the table, and model other Dept's after it.  GREAT BUNCH OF FOLKS Who get the job done, retain customers, and generally all around Good People.

• Rich likes this
Owned DTV in Motorhome - HR20-700, HR20-100, H25-700 with a Winegard SlimLine 3 Trav'ler (SWM) Antenna
Owned DTV in the Sticks & Bricks - H25-700, HR24-100, & HR24-500
Lease D-12-100

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,216 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

The access card folks are really able to perform their tasks very well.  I have owned HRs and every time one is replaced I have to call them up and get it listed as owned.  Never have had a problem with them.  But, don't expect a lot of tech stuff from them, they don't have the background for that.  But then, neither do most of the other CSRs you talk to.  For proper activation and deactivation, you can't beat ACT.

Rich

#3 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,244 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:26 PM

Over the years I've heard nothing but good things about the access department.

But reading this thread, the TS had to call three times to get his card sent and then after he finally received one, there were no instructions on how to activate. So fourth call to the access department.

I'd rather only have to call once to get my issue(s) resolved.

#4 OFFLINE   slice1900

slice1900

AllStar

• Registered
  • 2,048 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:35 PM

Based on his experience, someone with less patience could have easily written a flame post about the exact same scenario. I guess it all depends on your expectation level. The TS has apparently been trained to have very low expectations for customer service by all the poor customer service one receives on a day to day basis from just about every company/utility/bank/etc. one deals with! :bang

Edited by slice1900, 05 May 2014 - 09:36 PM.

SL5, PI-6S, SA-6AL 3xSWM16, 21 H20-100, 1 H20-600, 7 H24-700/AM21

#5 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,216 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:40 AM

Over the years I've heard nothing but good things about the access department.

But reading this thread, the TS had to call three times to get his card sent and then after he finally received one, there were no instructions on how to activate. So fourth call to the access department.

I'd rather only have to call once to get my issue(s) resolved.

And, once again, the direct number to the Access Card Team is 877-887-7994.  This is the only department at D* that I have no hesitation about calling.  I know I'll be treated correctly.  Anything else you do is simply a crapshoot.

Rich

#6 OFFLINE   SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot

Godfather

• Registered
  • 637 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:05 AM

Access Card Department is located in Tulsa. Perhaps better attitude there?

Regardless, I probably order 4 Access Cards a year and I can tell you without fail that 3 of them NEVER make it in the mail before the drop dead date. ALWAYS have to call back and then get a card via Fed-Ex which is very frustrating because this turns something that could have been handled within 48 hours turning into a event taking over 2 weeks (BTW, I order cards for friends all over the Country and this is happening in cities located all over the USA). 

That is NOT Access Card Department's problem as they do not make the rules that the first card cannot go out via Fed-Ex in the beginning, but its a big waste of time, money and major frustration for waiting up to 16 days to get a unit working.

#7 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,216 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

Access Card Department is located in Tulsa. Perhaps better attitude there?

Regardless, I probably order 4 Access Cards a year and I can tell you without fail that 3 of them NEVER make it in the mail before the drop dead date. ALWAYS have to call back and then get a card via Fed-Ex which is very frustrating because this turns something that could have been handled within 48 hours turning into a event taking over 2 weeks (BTW, I order cards for friends all over the Country and this is happening in cities located all over the USA). 

That is NOT Access Card Department's problem as they do not make the rules that the first card cannot go out via Fed-Ex in the beginning, but its a big waste of time, money and major frustration for waiting up to 16 days to get a unit working.

I've never had that happen.  I always get my access cards on time, usually in a couple days.  Have you had this happen when dealing directly with the ACT?

Rich

#8 OFFLINE   JohnQ

JohnQ

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 80 posts
  • LocationFreshwater Bay Washington

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:52 AM

I Still think they (ACD) should have a lotta Atta Boys just based upon their SUPERIOR, FRIENDLY, & CONCERNED CUSTOMER SERVICE ATTITUDE every time I have ever dealt with them!!!!  Unlike "Other DTV Departments."

• Rich likes this
Owned DTV in Motorhome - HR20-700, HR20-100, H25-700 with a Winegard SlimLine 3 Trav'ler (SWM) Antenna
Owned DTV in the Sticks & Bricks - H25-700, HR24-100, & HR24-500
Lease D-12-100

#9 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,216 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:07 AM

I Still think they (ACD) should have a lotta Atta Boys just based upon their SUPERIOR, FRIENDLY, & CONCERNED CUSTOMER SERVICE ATTITUDE every time I have ever dealt with them!!!!  Unlike "Other DTV Departments."

What you have to remember is that they can focus on certain aspects of their jobs.  Not true of other CSRs who have to field all kinds of questions.  But they do deserve to be lauded for their good work.  We've recognized them on many occasions.  

Rich

#10 OFFLINE   slice1900

slice1900

AllStar

• Registered
  • 2,048 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

What a pain! I'm glad commercial accounts can reuse any old access card, whether it came from another receiver on my account or was used in some random residential account. I just call in to the regular commercial service line and get fixed right up.

SL5, PI-6S, SA-6AL 3xSWM16, 21 H20-100, 1 H20-600, 7 H24-700/AM21

#11 OFFLINE   SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot

Godfather

• Registered
  • 637 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:35 PM

I've never had that happen.  I always get my access cards on time, usually in a couple days.  Have you had this happen when dealing directly with the ACT?

Rich

As far as I am aware, ordering cards for owned residential units can only be done through the ACT - and only the ACT can activate a unit as "owned".

Even if you are sent new card for an "owned" unit and have a standard CSR activate the unit once it arrives, it will be flagged as leased - and you will have to go through hoops at ACT at a future date to get it straightened out.

Edited by SomeRandomIdiot, 11 May 2014 - 10:36 PM.

#12 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,216 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:45 AM

As far as I am aware, ordering cards for owned residential units can only be done through the ACT - and only the ACT can activate a unit as "owned".

Even if you are sent new card for an "owned" unit and have a standard CSR activate the unit once it arrives, it will be flagged as leased - and you will have to go through hoops at ACT at a future date to get it straightened out.

As far as I know you do have to order the cards from ACT, but any CSR can...try...struggle mightily...screw things up royally...ahh, you should always use the ACT to activate the cards.  That way you can be pretty sure an owned device is properly listed as owned on your account.  I have had ACT screw this up a couple times, so you should always call the next day to make sure it is listed properly.

Rich

#13 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,395 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:05 PM

But, don't expect a lot of tech stuff from them, they don't have the background for that.  

That's why there's Tech Support.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 
Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#14 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,395 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

Not all CSR's are that way you know,  not so long i've got a free wireless mini upgrade without going to retention.

Directv HD DVR HR24-500

#15 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,216 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:21 AM

That's why there's Tech Support.

You're kidding, right?

Rich

#16 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,395 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:37 AM

You're kidding, right?

Rich

why would I be kidding?,  AC is for activation and verifying RID's, and sending out access cards, not necessarly for tech questions unless it's receiver hardware related, TS takes care of software related issues including network connectivity, just saying.

Directv HD DVR HR24-500

#17 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,216 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

why would I be kidding?,  AC is for activation and verifying RID's, and sending out access cards, not necessarly for tech questions unless it's receiver hardware related, TS takes care of software related issues including network connectivity, just saying.

I know what ACT is for and I also know that there are few CSRs who can do any "tech" work.  

Rich

spam firewall