Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2 Hoppers sharing tuners?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   trido

trido

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:39 AM

Has anything changed  as far as having 2 hoppers and wanting to share tuners?

thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 347 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:42 AM

No.

#3 OFFLINE   trido

trido

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:06 AM

I am told to try this?I will when i get home .

menu-settings-network setup-whole home is where you link them all togahter. if your hoppers and joeys are all linked togather you should be able to use what ever 6 tuners are avail that does include being able to watch all the recordings no matter what hopper they are recorded on. now if you press the red hot key to see what tuners are avail it will still show three you have to switch hoppers to see the others but there are always 6 tuners you can use for live tv or recording.

if you are using three tuners currently for just say recordings. at the same time. you should still be able to watch live tv on th other three. you have to have a duo node in your installation to be able to do this instead of a solo node the only way to find out what yu have is to ask the installer you went thru and if you have a duo node you should also be able to see all 6 tuners with the red hot key. just asked these questions to make sure for you

#4 OFFLINE   n0qcu

n0qcu

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:26 AM

I am told to try this?I will when i get home .

menu-settings-network setup-whole home is where you link them all togahter. if your hoppers and joeys are all linked togather you should be able to use what ever 6 tuners are avail that does include being able to watch all the recordings no matter what hopper they are recorded on. now if you press the red hot key to see what tuners are avail it will still show three you have to switch hoppers to see the others but there are always 6 tuners you can use for live tv or recording.

if you are using three tuners currently for just say recordings. at the same time. you should still be able to watch live tv on th other three. you have to have a duo node in your installation to be able to do this instead of a solo node the only way to find out what yu have is to ask the installer you went thru and if you have a duo node you should also be able to see all 6 tuners with the red hot key. just asked these questions to make sure for you

The above quote is FALSE...You cannot watch tuners on another Hopper from a Hopper.

You can watch recordings on any Hopper from any Hopper.

Kevin

3 Hoppers
3 Joeys, all wireless
1 Hopper 2.0
YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on any Hopper.

#5 OFFLINE   trido

trido

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

The above quote is FALSE...You cannot watch tuners on another Hopper from a Hopper.

You can watch recordings on any Hopper from any Hopper.

more stuff i was told. in response to having 2 hoppers i do have duo node

if you are using three tuners currently for just say recordings. at the same time. you should still be able to watch live tv on th other three. you have to have a duo node in your installation to be able to do this instead of a solo node the only way to find out what yu have is to ask the installer you went thru and if you have a duo node you should also be able to see all 6 tuners with the red hot key.

Edited by trido, 02 May 2014 - 10:45 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:51 AM

Nope, you are still wrong.

If you have 2 Hoppers you have to have a duo-node, won't work with a single.  And you will NOT be able to see the tuners on the other Hopper, only the recordings.

The only config that will allow you to see all tuners in a remote unit is a Hopper/SuperJoey setup.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#7 OFFLINE   trido

trido

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

Nope, you are still wrong.

If you have 2 Hoppers you have to have a duo-node, won't work with a single.  And you will NOT be able to see the tuners on the other Hopper, only the recordings.

The only config that will allow you to see all tuners in a remote unit is a Hopper/SuperJoey setup.

Thanks,  I do  think this DISH employee that feed me oh 2 hoppers will work may not be a HOPPER expert by any means.I called my local installer and we are setup to take off one hopper replace it with one super joey that will give me 5 tuners (no prime time)to share among the TV's

thanks

#8 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

I think you'll like that setup just fine.  That's what I have and I'm tickled pink!!  :)

Lloyd

#9 OFFLINE   RASCAL01

RASCAL01

Godfather

• Registered
  • 294 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:04 PM

If all of your tuners are recording you can use the other Hoppers tuners.to set timer to record.

RASCAL01
DISH 622, Hopper, Hopper2, Joey
TOSHIBA REGZA 55 LED/LCD 24O HZ
SONY AV 5.1 SOUROUND SOUND
SONY 3D BLUE RAY PLAYER

#10 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:06 PM

If all of your tuners are recording you can use the other Hoppers tuners.to set timer to record.

If you go online or use an tablet/phone with the appropriate app to do it, or go to the other room.

Lloyd

#11 OFFLINE   RASCAL01

RASCAL01

Godfather

• Registered
  • 294 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

No you can do it from the primary Hopper.  But this new feature might be disable at the moment.  I will have to test when I get home.

RASCAL01
DISH 622, Hopper, Hopper2, Joey
TOSHIBA REGZA 55 LED/LCD 24O HZ
SONY AV 5.1 SOUROUND SOUND
SONY 3D BLUE RAY PLAYER

#12 OFFLINE   trido

trido

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:15 PM

yes from the joey i could pick back and fourth which hopper?Well I send one hopper back and went with a  super joey this seems to work so far for us.

Did get the OTA usb tuner but i was wrong and thought it could be used as far as prime time recordings.I think it can only do one local ch at a time.

#13 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 347 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:03 PM

Yes the OTA tuner is only one channel at a time. You do get Autohop on these recordings.

#14 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,531 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

No you can do it from the primary Hopper.  But this new feature might be disable at the moment.  I will have to test when I get home.

No, you can't.

There is currently no feature that allows you to set timers on one Hopper from another Hopper.  Will there ever be such a feature?  Who knows.  People have been asking for it... but there is no such feature yet.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#15 OFFLINE   bnewt

bnewt

Godfather

• Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:04 AM

thinking of switching to the hopper & wireless joey setup........but would like some info

If my setup was hopper w/sling, super joey & 2 wireless joeys.........if the hopper had problems......would the super joey still allow program viewing?

May God Guide and Guard the USA!

#16 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:18 AM

Unfortunately no.  If you have one Hopper, if it dies you are out of business until you replace it.

Lloyd

#17 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:03 AM

yes from the joey i could pick back and fourth which hopper?Well I send one hopper back and went with a  super joey this seems to work so far for us.

Did get the OTA usb tuner but i was wrong and thought it could be used as far as prime time recordings.I think it can only do one local ch at a time.

trido,

Having a 2 Hopper system with the dual Node, will allow you to see/watch the other Hopper DVR recordings.

If you have the Hopper w/Sling (HWS), you can login to the App or www.dishanywhere on a PC/Laptop to watch the live programming or recordings.

If you have any assistance please PM me with the phone and 4 digit PIN number.

Thanks

#18 OFFLINE   trido

trido

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:26 AM

thanks but what i needed was to see and use the tuners on the hopper IOW share tuners between hoppers that is waht i needed to have more tuners , so I went with super to get 2 more.

i thought going the 2 hopper route  my hopper would share tuners with my second hopper tuner share /

thanks

trido,

Having a 2 Hopper system with the dual Node, will allow you to see/watch the other Hopper DVR recordings.

If you have the Hopper w/Sling (HWS), you can login to the App or www.dishanywhere on a PC/Laptop to watch the live programming or recordings.

If you have any assistance please PM me with the phone and 4 digit PIN number.

Thanks

#19 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

thanks but what i needed was to see and use the tuners on the hopper IOW share tuners between hoppers that is waht i needed to have more tuners , so I went with super to get 2 more.

i thought going the 2 hopper route  my hopper would share tuners with my second hopper tuner share /

thanks

With you getting the Super Joey it will allow more freedom for recordings and less scheduling conflicts.

The 2 Hopper systems is for the family that does moderate recording, if you have any further DISH questions please let me know and I am happy to help you!

Thanks

spam firewall