Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Data Transfer Issues from 1st Gen Hopper to EHD

Hopper EHD

Best Answer thomasjk , 06 May 2014 - 12:29 PM

The default expiration date is 8 days. So over a week should be OK.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   KalebD

KalebD

AllStar

• Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:10 AM

I apologize if this has been asked, but sometimes attempting to find older threads is a crap shoot at times.

I purchased a 2nd Gen Hopper with Sling. I am working on moving my recordings to an EHD for a transfer to the new Hopper, and have been able to copy all but 4 files over. A few items:

* The files that copied were a mixture of set DVR recordings and recordings saved to DVR from Prime Time.
* Newly recorded files directly to DVR copy over to EHD just fine.
* Files that currently will not copy are files that were recently recorded in Prime Time and transferred to DVR.

My only concern is that these shows are the last few episodes of a season I have not watched and I would have to watch 8 to 10 episodes of a series to watch the final few online before the networks delete them from their viewable content.

Any ideas to get these last few files over?
PAX,
JD

"Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise." Proverbs 19:20
Samsung UN55D8000 w/Dish Hopper v1 w/Sling Adapter, PS3 Slim 120gb, Yamaha YSP-2200, Panamax 5400, Harmony One, PS3 ToothFairy
Vizio SV420XVTS w/Joey Receiver & PS3 60gb

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 359 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:24 AM

You have to wait until the PTAT setting for the number of days to expire for those recordings. Change the PTAT setting to 2 days which is the minimum. I assume you have these saved in My Recordings. If not do so.

• KalebD likes this

#3 OFFLINE   KalebD

KalebD

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:57 AM

You have to wait until the PTAT setting for the number of days to expire for those recordings. Change the PTAT setting to 2 days which is the minimum. I assume you have these saved in My Recordings. If not do so.

Yes. They were saved in my recordings/DVR.

So right when I am ready, I can change the save time then move over, since a few of them are over a week?
PAX,
JD

"Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise." Proverbs 19:20
Samsung UN55D8000 w/Dish Hopper v1 w/Sling Adapter, PS3 Slim 120gb, Yamaha YSP-2200, Panamax 5400, Harmony One, PS3 ToothFairy

#4 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 359 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:29 PM   Best Answer

The default expiration date is 8 days. So over a week should be OK.

• KalebD likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 299 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

Yes. They were saved in my recordings/DVR.

So right when I am ready, I can change the save time then move over, since a few of them are over a week?

What were the files you were not able to transfer? Did you see any error messages? I see you got a great tip from thomasjk.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks

#6 OFFLINE   KalebD

KalebD

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:36 PM

What were the files you were not able to transfer? Did you see any error messages? I see you got a great tip from thomasjk.
Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Everything transferred. Problem now is getting them to transfer back to the new new hopper to view via mobile.
PAX,
JD

#7 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 359 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:20 PM

I recommend you leave them on the EHD. They can all be viewed directly from the EHD. Some folks have reported issue after transferring them back to a Hopper.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...